The global pandemic has triggered a unique type of distress for entrepreneurs looking to begin brand-new companies. Aside from handling the health and social concerns caused by the COVID-19, they have faced the lack of targeted visitors and sales revenue.
Terence Lim, SEO Consultant and the founder of JinMatic is won over that SEO can help organisation during this global pandemic.
Google enhances its search function by arranging the world’s info and making it widely available. In the last 5 years, because of its explosive development, SEO has undergone numerous changes. To name a few, RankBrain, Hummingbird and the Exact Match Domain update are some of the game-changing updates Google has rolled out in the last few years.
These algorithms make the search engine smarter than ever. Although these updates make life much easier for end-users, some Malaysia SEO agencies are forced to stay on their toes to quickly integrate these brand-new strategies into their digital marketing strategy. For example, businesses can use rich snippets to gain more business exposure because practically 55% of all Google searches feature rich snippets.
JSON-LD Structured Data: The Quick Way to Get Google Rich Snippets
The best way to obtain rich snippets is by having proper structured data. It’s a standardized format utilized to identify and arrange the details in your webpages. Google recommends utilizing JSON-LD for structured information because its scripts are relatively simpler to add, upgrade and remove.
Terence pointed out that structured data does not directly increase your search rankings, but it does improve your click-through-rate (CTR) as a result of having more appealing search listings.
This search engine optimization strategy absolutely does the job for Malaysia small-medium enterprises because today’s consumers demand easy-to-find, snackable and valuable content.
Leading SEO Expert Justin Davis Shares Valuable SEO Tips and Explains Why Entrepreneurs Should Do it Right to Remain on Top
Justin Davis is a leading SEO Expert and specializes in Link Building, an important aspect of Search Engine Optimization. SEO or Search Engine Optimization simply means how effective your business is optimized for search engine results. For example, if you provide plumbing services and if someone searches on Google with the keyword ‘Best Plumbers Near Me’ and your business website or your information comes on the top position, you can be said to be search engine optimized.
Given the kind of competition Startups and Businesses have, it is important that they have an optimized search engine presence.
Justin, Thank you for talking with us. Tell us more about the importance of search engine optimization (SEO) for small business owners and startups.
Thank you for having me. SEO only matters for businesses that have customers (or potential customers) that go to Google or other search engines to look for their products and services. One of the benefits to a small business is that SEO will deliver leads that do not directly need to be paid for.
Of course most businesses would enjoy natural, organic traffic to the website from people researching services or products before making a buying decision. But there are costs in getting to this point. The time required depends on how strong the competition is.
At a minimum, small businesses should have a grasp on what keyword phrases are important to their business, how much search volume is behind those queries, where they stand compared to their competitors for those keywords, and approximately how much traffic the competitors are getting from those keywords.
What are some of the biggest mistakes businesses make when planning their seo strategy?
I have seen lots of businesses waste countless hours and thousands of dollars optimizing their on-page SEO, and reoptimizing, redesigning, and on and on. Monthly spending on SEO services should almost be entirely for off-page strategies like backlink building.
Onsite optimizations should generally be a one-time fix and coaching for best practices moving forward. Let’s face it.. Most companies know little to nothing about SEO. That’s why they hire out. So the client needs to at least somewhat educated on the basics in the beginning.
Setting clear expectations by talking about what the deliveries will be, a timeline, KPIs that will track progress throughout the campaign, costs, results – these should all be covered. Properly setting expectations of how much the services are going to cost, how long it’s going to take, and what estimated results will help with transparency and clarification.
Panda update of Google was a big learning curve for seo professionals. What are some of the current trends in seo?
Nowdays I just focus on producing high quality content and getting high quality links to point to that content. I leave the trends and tweaks to the SEO bloggers and every once in a while I incorporate something new into my strategies.
Think about link building as being a timeless SEO activity. Getting links from high-quality websites will always be great for your SEO. Why? Because this is the system that Google search results was based off of. A linking/vouching system is similar to that used by many scholarly medical journals and so on.
Forget trying to figure out the new fads, tips and tricks. Stick to doing a lot of what we already know works. Optimize your site on-page, and then continue adding content to your site while getting links from quality websites in your niche.
Tell us the importance of link building for a website. How do businesses ensure that they have a quality link profile?
Link building is important for a website because Google’s ranking system relies on links heavily to reveal authority. The amount of links from trusted sources are looked at as a vouch, basically voting for the linked site.
Businesses have a quality link profile by setting standards in the beginning. Authority scores, organic search traffic, the number of keywords ranked in Google, rankings/positions for various keywords, Moz spam score, sniff tests, experience, PBNs and IP addresses – are factors used to determine whether a link prospect is qualified.
Lots of businesses try to go cheap when it comes to link building. This is probably because it takes a lot of time and money. I get it! But when taking shortcuts and hiring amateurs, they often end up with spammy links and little to no improvements in keywords and actual website visitors.
Even worse, they could be penalized and completely lose everything in Google search. Bad SEO can also do lots of damage to a brand, because a big part of off-page SEO is outreaching/emailing every other business and organization in your industry on your behalf.
There are many businesses that want to indulge in shady link building programs just because they are in a hurry. As an expert in this field, how do you handle these clients?
I am very clear with possible new clients. I go over the preferred types of links and associated metrics ahead of time.
One of the qualifying factors I look for in clients is that they respect my expertise and take more of a hands-off approach. Micro-managers need not apply! So I just politely smile and reject those clients. PS: I turn down 90% of businesses that reach out to me because they don’t meet all of my qualifying factors. This is multiple businesses per day.
What SEO tips would you like to share with all the entrepreneurs who are reading this?
Hiring the right person for SEO is crucial if your business relies on traffic from search results. In the beginning, talk about what the SEO goals are, what the ideal timeline would be in order to meet those goals, and what budget is available in order to get there.
The SEO person should be able to explain what can be expected according to your goals, timeline and budget. Properly setting and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) that are specific to SEO and the campaign will show progress.
A proper SEO campaign will result in your website gaining authority. These gains will be shown in higher numbers of organic search visitors (check Google Analytics for this), higher rankings for more keyword phrases (various SEO tools for this), and higher authority scores (various SEO tools).
Justin Davis is the Chief Link Builder for Link-builders.com, an off-page SEO agency specializing in building high-quality backlinks.
5 Great Tips to Create SEO-Friendly Blog Posts
In the world of digital marketing, it’s safe to say that SEO and content creation are among the most powerful tools in any marketer’s arsenal, simply because the goal of every company should be to rank higher in the SERPs. Why? Because ranking on the first page of Google for all relevant organic searches is the key to building brand visibility, expanding its reach, and building trust with your audience in the online world.
Creating SEO-friendly content is one of the best ways to market your startup in the competitive online market, especially in order to grow your business organically and improve your revenue stream so that you can start introducing PPC and other more expensive tactics into the mix. With that in mind, let’s go over the best ways you can optimize your blog posts to rank you higher in the SERPs.
Understand user intent
First things first, every blog post you create should fit into a specific stage in the buyer’s journey, and to do that, you first have understand user intent. Simply put, user intent is what your customer or website visitor is looking to achieve when they are searching for a product, researching various topics, or looking for businesses within a certain niche. Not all customers are ready to buy something right off the bat, and in fact, most will take their sweet time browsing the web for credible information before they commit.
This means that you can’t hope to sell your product with a sales-y article if most of your visitors are looking to learn about your industry or niche. This also means that you need to tailor your content according to user intent, specifically informational, navigational, and transactional intent. The first means that the customer is looking for information, the second that they are still learning but are looking for brands as well, and the third is when they are committed to buying the product.
Identify your primary and supplementary keywords
Next, you have to identify all of the relevant keywords that you’re going to integrate into your content strategy and put in specific places throughout each piece. Now, you have to be mindful about the keywords you’re trying to rank for, because some are more competitive than others. You can’t hope to rank high for a general keyword that yields several million results, instead, your goal should be to target those specific phrases that will help narrow down the search and put your content at the top.
Every blog post should have several long-tail keywords that are relevant to your business, your industry, and the specific topic that the article is about, as well as user intent. Assuming that your blogs are lengthy (which they should be) you can easily sprinkle numerous keywords into the article without overstuffing it, however, make sure that the keywords are truly relevant to the piece in order to avoid getting penalized.
Don’t forget about link building
Many people tend to forget that a big part of a successful SEO strategy is the process of link building, which is why you have to make sure that all of your blog posts are optimized to get featured on other prominent websites in your niche and industry. This is a cumbersome process that entails a lot of research and optimization, which is why digital agencies will nowadays enlist a white label SEO service to take care of the entire link-building process and help generate quality backlinks across the web organically.
The key here is for your blog posts to link to your other relevant work, and to follow the guidelines of the websites where you’re guest posting in order to earn that do-follow link. It’s also important for your blogs to maintain a level of quality that will get them trending in the online world and inspire other bloggers to feature them on their websites.
Know where to include your keywords
Keyword integration is trickier than it seems. It’s important that you put your keywords in all the right places throughout your article, including the title, the subheadings, and of course, to sprinkle relevant keywords where it feels natural but without overdoing it. Typically, you will want to stick with two to three keywords per piece if it’s an article that’s over a thousand words in length. You can repeat the keywords several times throughout.
Optimize images, meta description, and URL
While you’re at it, be sure to optimize your articles by integrating your keywords into the images, the meta description, and the URL. Use your primary keyword for the URL, one keyword for the meta description that helps explain what the piece is about, and one keyword per image alt-text that corresponds with whatever is in the picture.
SEO should be at the forefront of your digital marketing strategy, as optimizing your blog posts is a surefire way to rank your website higher in organic searches. Be sure to use these tips to create SEO-friendly content that will get you on the first page of Google, and even inspire authority figures in your field to publish your pieces on their websites.
Top SEO Trends You Should Know
Every year online businesses wait for major updates and SEO(Search Engine Optimization) trends to make the necessary adjustments to their website. Experts in search engine optimization state there are some strategies and tactics you should incorporate this year to make major changes to your site. Like every year, this year will be a significant year for SEO trends and experts in the matter state you should keep in mind the following Top SEO Trends–
- BERT and the emphasis on content that is focused on the user- Google’s new algorithm BERT was launched in 2019, and it received a lot of attention. This resulted in several top SEO professionals focusing on how to optimize their sites as per the new algorithm. Experts say that businesses and professionals dealing with search engine optimization need to focus on specific user access points for searches and aligning their content to them. They need to focus on content delivery and clean architecture. The content should be written to meet and match the intent of the user over strings that users might search for.
- Optimized and top-quality content- Note that content affects search engine optimization in a big way. Some professionals believe that search engine optimization is influenced by content in every way right from the strategy you use for internal linking to the kinds of links that are used. To succeed in search engine optimization, one needs to create content that is relevant and offers value to the user. The objective of the content should be to focus on the topic more and make it a valuable piece of information on the Internet today. Some tips for you to create user-focused content are-
- Understand who your targeted audience is and what they expect from you
- Understand their intent behind questions and the problems that they wish to solve
- Please provide them with solutions or answers to questions they seek through authoritative sites or on-the-point content
- Similarly, follow the above points repeatedly on every stage of their journey so that a satisfactory topical user experience caters to the needs of the user again and again
- Always believe that though you have created informative content once, this does not mean that you will do so again.
- Technical SEO and UX- The most important trend for 2020 is to focus on SEO and UX user technology. This improves the overall user experience right from the first interaction in SERPs to the overall experience of the landing page. Besides this, they also leave a positive impact after users have left your website. To achieve a good user experience and keep on attracting targeted traffic to come back to your site again, you should consider personalization, drip campaigns, and remarketing strategies for your business. Technical SEO is an integral part of UX. Websites should make technical corrections like rectifying canonical mistakesand more. It is prudent for search engine optimization experts to beef up their technical foundations. Here, you should ensure that the best technical practices are incorporated. This is an excellent way to boost the speed of your website.
- Mobile SEO- Experts from NYC SEO services state mobile SEO is a significant trend this year. Businesses should focus on building their websites for mobiles first and later focusing on them for sites. In this way, you can save time and effort when it comes to optimizing your website for mobiles. Make sure all of the online reporting that you resort to focuses on mobile phone performance. In 2020, you need to visualize what someone is on their mobile phones when it comes to surfing your business website over their desktops. However, mobile SEO does not stop here. You need to check mobile phone SERPs in real to get an idea about mobile SEO better and how you can improve your site’s efforts with them.
- Structured data- Though top- quality content will grab the attention for 2020, search engine algorithms still are unable to understand context completely. It is here; you should give them hints so that algorithms understand your content better, and you can perform better with search engine results. Business owners need to structure data in such a way that they can be understood well. Instances of structured data sites are Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, and others. If you can structure data correctly, your website becomes a layer for marketing information. You can effectively use structured data to improve analytics and influence your content strategy, as well.
- Optimization of Knowledge Graph and Entity– Google is searching for ways to include information of the entity in their search engine results via augmentation queries. For instance, local search engine optimization has been based on the entity for a very long time. Businesses have been able to rank their sites well even without a website. Google has started to track real-world visits, and it is taking these quality visits as a signal for high ranks.
- Brand and link building- In 2020, link building has evolved into a consumer approach and is no longer staying in the dark. Businesses need to focus on the given 3 types of journalistic writing-
- Planned editorial- This content is planned for a particular day like Black Friday, Mother’s Day, etc
- Planned reactive editorial- These are topics associated with seasonal events or a theme that is covered by a time frame. Here, one does not know what the story is until the story is published.
- Reactive editorial-Here, the topics are written as per news stories or current affairs.
These were some of the top SEO trends that experts are following. Finally, if you want your search engine optimization efforts to bring high ranks to your website, the business should focus on a brand that consumers can trust. Their website plays a vital role when it comes to attracting a targeted audience and boosting search engine ranks. Today, customers are becoming smarter, and they only look for trustworthy websites. The onus for all businesses in 2020 is to build links and drive traffic to your site better than others in the market!
Ardigen Enters Into Research Collaboration With CVC to Apply Artificial Intelligence for Identification of T-cell Targets
In this Interview, Leading AI Expert Mariojose Palma Talks About the Evolution and Future of AI
What Comes After 5G?
More5 months ago
6 Promising Up and Coming Fashion Companies
Interview10 months ago
An Interview with Joel Arun Sursas, Head of Clinical Affairs at Biorithm, Singapore
More2 years ago
Factors to Consider When Planning Your Office Design and Layout
Other Internet Tech2 years ago
How to become an IPTV reseller? A beginner’s guide
More2 years ago
IPTV business for beginners
Business Ideas2 years ago
50 Small Business ideas with low investment
office8 months ago
Unique Design Ideas For A New Startup Company
News3 months ago
500k Zoom accounts hacked; personal information being sold on the Dark Web