It is human nature to feel low sometimes and in the world of Business, the occasions on which you can feel low can be many. However, tough times teach you the most important lessons and it is exactly when you need to up your game. This list of Business quotes will let you know how entrepreneurs and leaders think and will motivate you in your pursuit of business success. The following business quotes will resonate with most of us if we are in the world of business. Even if we are not involved in business, they offer great life lessons.
100 Business Quotes that will keep you motivated
- “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.”- Colin R. Davis
- “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.”- Ray Goforth
- “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.”- Jim Rohn
- “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”- Albert Einstein
- “Never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.”- Winston Churchill
- “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.”- Tony Hsieh
- “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”- Winston Churchill
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.”- Henry David Thoreau
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”- Thomas Jefferson
- “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.”- G. K. Chesterton
- “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.”- Thomas J. Watson
- “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”- Jim Rohn
- “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do.”- Anonymous
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.”- Anonymous
- “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.”- Michael John Bobak
- “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”- Tony Robbins
- “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.”- Robert Kiyosaki
- “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”- Steve Jobs
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”- Helen Keller
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”- Walt Disney
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.”- Bruce Lee
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”- Colin Powell
- “Fall seven times and stand up eight.”- Japanese Proverb
- “Some people dream of success while others wake up and work.”- Unknown
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.”- Walt Disney
- “The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.”- Unknown
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that other throw at him.”- David Brinkley
- “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.”- Zig Ziglar
- “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.”- Oprah Winfrey
- “There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality.”- Anthony Robbins
- “The secret to success is to know something nobody else knows.”- Aristotle Onassis
- “I failed my way to success.”- Thomas Edison
- “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.”- Estee Lauder
- “I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come indirectly through accident, except the phonograph. No, when I have fully decided that a result is worth getting, I go about it, and make trial after trial, until it comes.”-Thomas Edison
- “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”- Bill Cosby
- “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.”- Nikos Kazantzakis
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”- Thomas Edison
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.”- Vidal Sassoon
- “If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to meet it!” – Jonathan Winters
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
- “Paying attention to simple little things that most men neglect makes a few men rich.” – Henry Ford
- “Formal education will make you a living; self education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
- “Stopping advertising to save money is like stopping your watch to save time.” – Henry Ford
- “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.” – Unknown
- “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
- “Advertising is only evil when it advertises evil things” – David Ogilvy
- “What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” –Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.”- Chris Grosser
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”-John D. Rockefeller
- “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Creative without strategy is called art. Creative with strategy is called advertising.” – Jeff I. Richards
- “Be content to act, and leave the talking to others.” – Baltasa
- “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
- “If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large” – Jeff Bezos
- “Poor people have big TV. Rich people have big library.” – Jim Rohn
- “Don’t be evil” –Larry Page
- “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
- “If I love you, what business is it of yours?” ― Johann wolfgang von Goethe
- “In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity” ― Sun-Tzu, A Arte da Guerra
- “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.” ― Steve Jobs
- “Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.” Theodore Isaac Rubin
- “I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.” Leonardo da Vinci
- “A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all.”- Michael LeBoeuf
- “The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.”- Bill Gates
- “Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.”- Andy Warhol
- “We’re all working together; that’s the secret.”- Sam Walton
- “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”- Mark Twain
- “Our work is the presentation of our capabilities.”- Edward Gibbon
- “The opportunity is often lost by deliberating.”- Publilius Syrus
- “The true measure of the value of any business leader and manager is performance.”- Brian Tracy
- “Ideas pull the trigger, but instinct loads the gun”- Don Marquis
- “A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship.”- John D. Rockefeller
- “My philosophy is it’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am, and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.”- Anthony Hopkins
- “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.”- Thomas A. Edison.
- “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.”- Elon Musk.
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.”- Winston S. Churchill
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.”- Herman Melville
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.”-Conrad Hilton
- “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.”- Jim Rohn
- “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–It is: Try to please everybody.”- Herbert Bayard Swope
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”- Albert Schweitzer
- “Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do.”- Anonymous
- “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” ― Sheryl Sandberg
- “If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be ‘meetings.” ― Dave Barry
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.”- Barack Obama
- “Business has only two functions – marketing and innovation.” – Peter Drucker
- “Have the end in mind and every day make sure your working towards it” – Ryan Allis
- “The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.” – Ralph Nader
- “I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.”-Thomas Paine
- “Intuition is the key to everything, in painting, filmmaking, business – everything. I think you could have an intellectual ability, but if you can sharpen your intuition, which they say is emotion and intellect joining together, then a knowingness occurs.”- David Lynch
- “Good ideas come from bad ideas, but only if there are enough of them.” –Seth Godin
- “Identify your problems but give your power and energy to solutions.”– Tony Robbin
- “Be content to act, and leave the talking to others.” – Baltasa
- “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.”- Charles F. Ketterin
Loved these business quotes? Let us know. You will also love these “Entrepreneur Quotes that will push you towards your goal“.
Creative Advice from 11 World Famous Architects
As a creative entrepreneur, you’re probably no stranger to the ups and downs of inspiration. Motivation can come in waves, and when it’s gone, productivity can take a pretty major hit.
It’s impossible to stay constantly inspired all of the time. However, when we notice our creative spark fade, it’s important to engage in activities that rekindle the fire. Often, this means unplugging, pursuing a hobby, or talking with a friend or mentor.
Another great way to boost motivation is to look to other successful creatives. Architects, in particular, make great creative role models because of their ability to juggle multiple tasks and oversee projects like a pro. Check out the visual below for creative inspiration from 11 world-famous architects.
Is your daily routine mindful or mindless?
Is your daily routine mindful or mindless?
Do you serve a customer to make money? Or do you serve a customer to serve a customer? Do you wash dishes to get them clean? Or do you wash the dishes to wash the dishes?
Here’s a story from Buddhist Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, about ‘washing the dishes to wash the dishes’ and the difference between mindful and mindless:
“In the United States, I have a close friend named Jim Forest… Last winter, Jim came to visit. I usually wash the dishes after we’ve finished the evening meal, before sitting down and drinking tea with everyone else.
One night, Jim asked if he might do the dishes. I said, “Go ahead, but
if you wash the dishes you must know the way to wash them.” Jim replied, “Come on, you think I don’t know how to wash the dishes?” I answered, “There are two ways to wash the dishes. The first is to wash the dishes in order to have clean dishes and the second is to wash the dishes
in order to wash the dishes.”
Jim was delighted and said, “I choose the second way-to wash the dishes to wash the dishes.” From then on, Jim knew how to wash the dishes. I transferred the “responsibility” to him for an entire week.
If while washing dishes, we think only of the cup of tea that awaits us, thus hurrying to get the dishes out of the way as if they were a nuisance, then we are not “washing the dishes to wash the dishes.”
What’s more, we are not alive during the time we are washing the dishes.
In fact we are completely incapable of realizing the miracle of life while standing at the sink.
If we can’t wash the dishes, the chances are we won’t be able to drink our tea either. While drinking the cup of tea, we will only be thinking of other things, barely aware of the cup in our hands. Thus we are sucked away into the future
– and we are incapable of actually living one minute of life.”
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Are you focusing more at being successful, or being mindful? It is a conscious choice that shows up in your daily routine – Being present in every moment shows up in the quality of your products, your service, your communication.
Being aware leads to care. It’s the contrast of being careful and being careless. This care becomes quality, and that’s why greater mindfulness leads to greater success.
Your daily routine isn’t a means to an end. It’s an opportunity to experience the miracle of life every day.
“Be here now.”
~ Ram Dass
5 Quotes for Successful Entrepreneurship
Being a successful entrepreneur is a dreamcometrue for a lot of people out there. Being your own boss, benefiting from your own ingenuity and hard work, as well as creating a legacy are all reasons enough why so many people try to start businesses of their own. However, the majority of these entrepreneurial attempts end in failure. In order to avoid meeting the same fate, you need to examine these five quotes that reveal the entrepreneurship essentials.
1. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain
It’s incredibly easy to come up with a million excuses for why something is not worth doing. After all, the business world is a scary place. Gathering the right team is hard, raising funds can be even harder and with the current state of the economy (this is probably the most common excuse), what are your realistic chances of success? The truth is that you just cannot know and you never will. All you’re doing by procrastinating is wasting your own precious time. Instead of wasting energy and creativity to come up with a myriad of excuses, you need to try looking for solutions.
2. Success is not final; failure is not fatal; it’s the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
There’s probably no better person in the world to stand behind this statement, seeing as how there aren’t a lot of people in history who had more drastic ups and downs. Winston Churchill’s involvement in WWI resulted in a disaster and, had he given up, the horrendous Gallipoli Operation would have been what history would remember him by. Instead, nowadays he is known as one of the most defiant and victorious characters in human history. Other than this, there have been so many wildly successful entrepreneurs who went bankrupt at one point in their career. Henry Ford and Walt Disney belong on this list.
3. The problem is not a loss of money or credit, it’s a loss of trust. – David Perry
One of the things that a lot of entrepreneurs seem not to understand is the fact that their reputation and their word seem to be their most valuable assets in the business world. If you underpay your staff or fail to deliver on what you’ve promised, the word will get out. Make one faulty promise to a client and your reputation will quickly be ruined for good. You also have your share of responsibilities when it comes to various financial organizations and if you fail to meet them, you’ll find yourself in a world of trouble. This will primarily reflect on your credit score. The next time you need some funds, it will be a lot harder to obtain them.
4. If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses. – Henry Ford
Doing market research is a pivotal tip to making it in the business world. In fact, about 42 percent of startups fail because there’s no market need for what they’re selling or intend to sell. The biggest problem with this, however, lies in the fact that someone has to be first. At one point in history, Blockbuster refused to buy Netflix for $50 million, due to the fact that they failed to realize the potential behind this business model within the entertainment industry. We all know how this story ended. When it comes to innovation, you sometimes have to listen to your own instincts.
5. Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. –Jayce Meyer
Succeeding in the business world takes time, however, time alone changes nothing. Developing the right strategy and then ensuring that it’s adhered to is something completely different. You see, in order to make time have any value, you need to set things in motion and then wait for them to unfold. Keep in mind that, in the business world, time is money. This means that making it, in the long run, is a question of financial endurance, as much as it’s a matter of your mental stamina.
To wrap things up with yet another celebrity quote, Mike Tyson once said that everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. What this means is that regardless of how organized or motivated you are, at one point, you’ll have to start altering your plans and adapting to the situation at hand. How quickly you and your business can evolve is something that will determine the success rate that you’re bound to face in the business world. This alone is definitely something worth bearing in mind.
Karema McGhee, Founder of Luxinous talks about her Mission to Remove the Stigma Associated with the act of Smudging
In this Interview, LA based Critically Acclaimed Artist Jessica Soltis gets Candid on the Importance of Representation in the Field of Art
Singapore based Fintech Startup GoBear raises $17M in Funding
More3 months ago
6 Promising Up and Coming Fashion Companies
Interview9 months ago
An Interview with Joel Arun Sursas, Head of Clinical Affairs at Biorithm, Singapore
More2 years ago
Factors to Consider When Planning Your Office Design and Layout
Other Internet Tech2 years ago
How to become an IPTV reseller? A beginner’s guide
Business Ideas2 years ago
50 Small Business ideas with low investment
More2 years ago
IPTV business for beginners
office7 months ago
Unique Design Ideas For A New Startup Company
News1 month ago
500k Zoom accounts hacked; personal information being sold on the Dark Web