The ever growing Startup ecosystem got a boost in the Silicon Valley with the inauguration of the India-US Startup Konnect 2015. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was witness to the event. In total, seven MoUs were signed between various organizations of India and the US.
Understanding the importance of entrepreneurship in the development of a nation, PM Modi emphasized on the role of small Startups in eliminating poverty and bringing self sufficiency in his visit to the Silicon Valley. He also emphasized on how IT can be leveraged to achieve the goals of various Startups. Here is the list of seven MoUs signed.
- Between Center for Cellular and Molecular Platforms and the California Institute for Quantitative Bio-sciences.
Purpose of the MoU: To create Indo-US Life Science Innovation center in order to enhance science-based entrepreneurship, research, academia and businesses by using each other’s existing ecosystems.
- Between Department of Biotechnology and Prakash Lab, Stanford University
Purpose of the MoU: To develop and deploy the products from this lab on frugal science innovation.
- National Association of Software and Service Companies ( NASSCOM) and the Indus Entrepreneurs
Purpose of the MoU: To Support technology Startups in India and Silicon Valley.
- IIM Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) and Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator
Purpose of the MoU: To extend the benefits of being a member of NGIN in order to facilitate clean technology entrepreneurs.
- IIM Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) and Lester Center for Entrepreneurship of the Haas Business School of the University of California Purpose of the MoU: To support mutual incubation.
- IIM Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) and Google Purpose of the MoU: To provide strategy support to entrepreneurs.
- IIM Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) and Tata Trust Purpose of the MoU: For providing seed funding to entrepreneurs.