“Innovation in its modern meaning is “a new idea, creative thoughts, new imaginations in the form of device or method. Innovation is often also viewed as the application of better solutions that meet new requirements, unarticulated needs, or existing market needs.”
In today’s world, one of the metrics for measuring how innovative a company is by analyzing the ‘Patent Count’ of that company. Given below is the list of Top 50 Innovative Companies in the World based on the Number of Patents granted.
- IBM: Total number of patents granted – 9,100.
- Samsung: Total number of patents granted -5,850.
- Canon: Total number of patents granted – 3,056.
- Intel Corp: Total number of patents granted – 2,735.
- LG Electronics: Total number of patents granted – 2,474.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC): Total number of patents granted -2,465.
- Microsoft: Total number of patents granted – 2,353.
- Qualcomm : Total number of patents granted – 2,300.
- Apple : Total number of patents granted – 2,160.
- Ford Global Technologies: Total number of patents granted – 2,123.
- Google: Total number of patents granted – 2,070.
- Amazon: Total number of patents granted – 2,035.
- Toyota Motor Corp: Total number of patents granted –1,959.
- Samsung Display Co Ltd: Total number of patents granted –1,948 .
- Sony Corp: Total number of patents granted -1, 688.
- Huawei Technologies Co Ltd: Total number of patents granted – 1,648 .
- BOE Technology Group Co Ltd: Total number of patents granted -1,634 .
- General Electric Co: Total number of patents granted -1,597.
- Hyundai Motor Co: Total number of patents granted – 1,369.
- Ericsson: Total number of patents granted – 1,353.
- Seiko Epson Corp: Total number of patents granted – 1,285.
- Panasonic: Total number of patents granted -1,254.
- Boeing Co: Total number of patents granted – 1,227.
- Robert Bosch: Total number of patents granted -1,136.
- Mitsubishi Electric: Total number of patents granted –1,106.
- Toshiba: Total number of patents granted – 1,104.
- GM Global: Total number of patents granted – 1,046.
- Ricoh: Total number of patents granted – 1,043 .
- Fujitsu: Total number of patents granted – 1,038 .
- United Technologies: Total number of patents granted – 1,011.
- Denso Corp: Total number of patents granted -1,003.
- AT&T: Total number of patents granted – 985 .
- Honda Motors: Total number of patents granted -926 .
- Micron Technologies: Total number of patents granted – 924.
- Semiconductor Energy Lab: Total number of patents granted -870.
- Siemens: Total number of patents granted -870.
- Cisco: Total number of patents granted -848.
- Phillips: Total number of patents granted – 844.
- Halliburton Energy Services: Total number of patents granted -807.
- EMC IP Holding: Total number of patents granted -801.
- SK Hynix: Total number of patents granted -801.
- Texas Instruments: Total number of patents granted -785.
- Honeywell: Total number of patents granted -749.
- Murata Manufacturing: Total number of patents granted -743.
- NEC Corp: Total number of patents granted -715.
- Toshiba Memory Corp: Total number of patents granted -700.
- Oracle: Total number of patents granted -685.
- LG Display: Total number of patents granted – 681.
- Dell: Total number of patents granted -668.
- Fujitsu: Total number of patents granted -658.
Sayches’ Fish, Overconfidence or Real Ability?
A small timeline puzzle for you. What’s the common theme around these months: September 2006, December 2007, November 2011, June 2013, July 2014, April 2015, February 2018, and March 2018? Well, these are the months when Facebook, the social media giant, was either alleged to have been involved in some kind of data privacy incident or accepted that there has been a data breach on their end.
FTC Chairman Joe Simons in a 2019 ruling asked Facebook to pay $5 bn to settle privacy concerns and said “Despite repeated promises to its billions of users worldwide that they could control how their personal information is shared, Facebook undermined consumers’ choices,”.
Similar to Facebook, other social media giants including Twitter have had their own privacy issues.
As a user of these social media platforms, you should be worried about the fact that every action that you make on social media can be used to alter how you make decisions including your buying preferences, and, in some cases, to harass you.
But it’s not that people don’t react to data privacy issues. Recently, a data privacy update from WhatsApp saw a massive reaction in the form of people downloading a similar platform Signal which claims to have better data protection features. Similarly, ProtonMail saw a massive surge in its usage owing to concerns around Gmail.
In the realm of social media, Sayches, a British Startup aims to address these data privacy concerns. But given the clout and money the big names like Facebook and Twitter have, is Sayches claim overconfidence or real ability?
The question on ability though premature to ask is well-founded because even the giant of giants Google failed miserably at providing Google+ as a social media alternative.
However, the confidence part comes into play because the start-up invests heavily in developing new products and services with the fundamental principle to uphold human rights to privacy, anonymity, and transparency without any compromises.
The intention and the work behind the products can be gauged from Sayches first promotional advertisement. They came up with a mascot which is a hybrid of an elephant and a fish. The promotional video also portrays Facebook as a shark and Twitter as jellyfish.
According to the company’s official statement, “it’s easy to catch a fish but it’s really difficult to catch an elephant. So, we created a hybrid animal by giving the strength of the elephant to the weaker organism. This way, Sayches will be able to fight threats that it aspires to nullify”. The mascot has been designed to symbolize the digital privacy offered by the company’s services.
Addressing questions around the actual talent and resources Sayches has to address data privacy issues, the company’s official spokesperson said that they are on a mission to disrupt the way data is being used or misused by social media giants. The aim of the company is to provide an environment where people can connect without being worried about the misuse of their data and Sayches will do whatever it takes to achieve this goal.
The ultimate question remains whether Sayches will live up to its expectations or will disappear like other Startups that dared to challenge social media giants.
GameChange Solar Unveils Bifacial Tracker Reflector Technology to Boost Power Production 15-20%
GameChange Solar today announced BifacialReflector™, a patent-pending new technology which dramatically increases power production for the GameChange Solar Genius Tracker™ with bifacial modules. The technology is a highly reflective (.95 albedo), permanent solid surface up to 4m wide, which reflects light from just above ground level to the back of the bifacial modules. This technology is a significant improvement over other ideas since it is not a ground cover which has a limited life and requires constant maintenance. BifacialReflector™ is a self-cleaning, long-term (40-year life) solution. The reflectors can boost the gain by up to an estimated total of 15-20% when using bifacial modules, which is approximately 5-8% extra gain versus other bifacial trackers which do not have BifacialReflector™ technology.
Andrew Worden, CEO of GameChange Solar, stated: “Solar power plant owners globally have been asking for a cost-effective, long life, maintenance-free, high reflectivity (.95 albedo) ground cover to place under trackers with bifacial modules. We are excited to have been able to provide a unique and superior solution, the BifacialReflector™ technology. Our technology has a significant power boost for bifacial modules and has a life of 40 years with no maintenance, making it a meaningful breakthrough for the industry.”
Know Why Mac Remains Special in 2021
When you are buying a new laptop, you are always attacked with several choices that you need to make before you make the decision. Also, you want something that is unique and has the most benefits for you. However, this is not an easy task to accomplish. Which one to choose Mac or Windows – many buyers get overwhelmed with this debate and sometimes make the wrong decision.
That said, in this article, we are going to focus on Mac and the benefits you get with it. Since you want to have the best option for yourself – we make sure that you do not deflect from the subject matter. Let’s get started!
You Get the Best High Definition Screen Display
Macbooks and other Apple products are infamously famous for having the best display screen on a computing device. This is one of Apple’s key highlights when they introduce a new product in the market. With Retina displays and high resolution and pixel density, watching multimedia files on a Macbook is a sheer treat. It provides you with a superior user experience as compared to other laptops in the market.
This feature is important to many creative professionals, such as photographers, graphic artists, writers, photo and video editors, etc. Many business professionals would also appreciate Mac’s comforting retina display technology, which would make it easier for them to sit up front for as long as possible.
You Get Ample Amount of Storage
Apple makes sure that its user always gets the best out of their device. The basic version of a Macbook pro comes with 128GB storage which goes up to 4TB of solid-state storage space in their higher-end models.
Many would argue that 128 GB of space on a computing device is very low. However, if you keep a check on duplicate files on your Mac with duplicate finder software, you’d never go out of storage space on a Mac device. And, if you choose to go with higher models of Macbooks, you will get more than you expect.
Superior Battery Performance
One of the biggest reasons why people love their Mac is its battery performance. This lets the user work with their Mac for longer hours and without the worry of its battery running low. An average laptop usually lasts for 3-4 hours whereas a Macbook could last for more than 9 hours on a single charge.
In addition, with a Mac you get the benefit of mobility, higher battery life gives you the advantage of moving around your Mac as much you want. This is why many people keep their Mac with them as a permanent travel companion.
To get the most out of your computing device, you have to keep a few things in mind and you can make the right decision according to your needs. However, with a Macbook, you will get all the benefits you are looking for in a computing device. This is the reason why Macs are popular among the digital crowd around the world.
Sayches’ Fish, Overconfidence or Real Ability?
This FREE eBook is for every woman who wants to defeat office politics and make it to the top in the world of business
The Importance of Branding for your Business
Interview1 year ago
An Interview with Joel Arun Sursas, Head of Clinical Affairs at Biorithm, Singapore
More11 months ago
6 Promising Up and Coming Fashion Companies
Interview6 months ago
An Interview with Russell Jack, Southland-based Yogapreneur and Mindfulness Teacher
More3 years ago
Factors to Consider When Planning Your Office Design and Layout
Other Internet Tech3 years ago
How to become an IPTV reseller? A beginner’s guide
More3 years ago
IPTV business for beginners
Business Ideas3 years ago
50 Small Business ideas with low investment
Marketing2 years ago
Sales outsourcing is In! – A successful growth story of Avenue Growth