“Innovation in its modern meaning is “a new idea, creative thoughts, new imaginations in the form of device or method. Innovation is often also viewed as the application of better solutions that meet new requirements, unarticulated needs, or existing market needs.”
In today’s world, one of the metrics for measuring how innovative a company is by analyzing the ‘Patent Count’ of that company. Given below is the list of Top 50 Innovative Companies in the World based on the Number of Patents granted.
- IBM: Total number of patents granted – 9,100.
- Samsung: Total number of patents granted -5,850.
- Canon: Total number of patents granted – 3,056.
- Intel Corp: Total number of patents granted – 2,735.
- LG Electronics: Total number of patents granted – 2,474.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC): Total number of patents granted -2,465.
- Microsoft: Total number of patents granted – 2,353.
- Qualcomm : Total number of patents granted – 2,300.
- Apple : Total number of patents granted – 2,160.
- Ford Global Technologies: Total number of patents granted – 2,123.
- Google: Total number of patents granted – 2,070.
- Amazon: Total number of patents granted – 2,035.
- Toyota Motor Corp: Total number of patents granted –1,959.
- Samsung Display Co Ltd: Total number of patents granted –1,948 .
- Sony Corp: Total number of patents granted -1, 688.
- Huawei Technologies Co Ltd: Total number of patents granted – 1,648 .
- BOE Technology Group Co Ltd: Total number of patents granted -1,634 .
- General Electric Co: Total number of patents granted -1,597.
- Hyundai Motor Co: Total number of patents granted – 1,369.
- Ericsson: Total number of patents granted – 1,353.
- Seiko Epson Corp: Total number of patents granted – 1,285.
- Panasonic: Total number of patents granted -1,254.
- Boeing Co: Total number of patents granted – 1,227.
- Robert Bosch: Total number of patents granted -1,136.
- Mitsubishi Electric: Total number of patents granted –1,106.
- Toshiba: Total number of patents granted – 1,104.
- GM Global: Total number of patents granted – 1,046.
- Ricoh: Total number of patents granted – 1,043 .
- Fujitsu: Total number of patents granted – 1,038 .
- United Technologies: Total number of patents granted – 1,011.
- Denso Corp: Total number of patents granted -1,003.
- AT&T: Total number of patents granted – 985 .
- Honda Motors: Total number of patents granted -926 .
- Micron Technologies: Total number of patents granted – 924.
- Semiconductor Energy Lab: Total number of patents granted -870.
- Siemens: Total number of patents granted -870.
- Cisco: Total number of patents granted -848.
- Phillips: Total number of patents granted – 844.
- Halliburton Energy Services: Total number of patents granted -807.
- EMC IP Holding: Total number of patents granted -801.
- SK Hynix: Total number of patents granted -801.
- Texas Instruments: Total number of patents granted -785.
- Honeywell: Total number of patents granted -749.
- Murata Manufacturing: Total number of patents granted -743.
- NEC Corp: Total number of patents granted -715.
- Toshiba Memory Corp: Total number of patents granted -700.
- Oracle: Total number of patents granted -685.
- LG Display: Total number of patents granted – 681.
- Dell: Total number of patents granted -668.
- Fujitsu: Total number of patents granted -658.
Panasonic Comes up with a New Full-range F1.7 Telephoto Zoom Digital Interchangeable Lens for Mirrorless Cameras
Panasonic has introduced a new telephoto zoom digital interchangeable lens, the LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 25-50mm / F1.7 ASPH. (H-X2550), which boasts a large F1.7 aperture throughout the entire 50-100mm (35mm camera equivalent) zoom range with exceptionally high optical performance clearing the stringent LEICA standards. The LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 25-50mm / F1.7 ASPH. excels at both photo shooting and video recording, satisfying professional photographers and videographers alike.
The new LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 25-50mm / F1.7 ASPH. (H-X2550) is been designed to be paired with with the LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 ASPH. (H-X1025), a currently available lens which has been highly acclaimed by creators. They both feature the full-range F1.7 high-speed aperture that provides beautiful bokeh and high descriptiveness. The two lenses cover a focusing distance from wide angle to telephoto, functioning as eight fixed focal length lenses (20mm / 24mm / 28mm / 35mm / 50mm / 75mm / 85mm / 100mm, 35mm camera equivalent) providing the same or an even higher level of descriptiveness than a fixed focal length lens can offer. They have common aperture, high descriptive performance, shape and operability, enabling creators to produce their own unique image product using these two lenses with minimal workflow.
Comprising 16 elements in 11 groups, the lens system features an aspherical lens and three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) lenses that effectively suppress the axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration of magnification. Spherical aberration and distortion are also corrected by the aspherical lenses for stunningly high resolution. The use of aspherical lenses and the optimum design of the lens system results in a compact size and light weight while still achieving outstanding optical performance.
Compatibility with a maximum 240-fps high-speed sensor drive realizes high-speed, high-precision auto focusing. In addition to the silent operation achieved by the inner focus drive system, the stepless aperture ring and micro-step drive system in the aperture control section help the camera to smoothly catch up to brightness changes when zooming or panning. The optical design achieves exceptional barycentric stability to minimize image shifts during zooming. A focus ring is equipped for intuitive, precise focusing and linear/ non-linear setting can also be switched with this ring. The LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 25-50mm / F1.7 ASPH. also excels in video recording performance with a mechanism that suppresses focus breathing at entire zoom range.
The LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 25-50mm / F1.7 ASPH. boasts minimum focusing distance of 0.28m (at wide end, 0.31m at tele end) and the maximum magnification ratio of 0.42x (35mm camera equivalent) for superior macro photography. The rugged dust/splash-resistant* design for high mobility withstands use under harsh conditions even in 10 degrees below zero. Filter diameter is in 77mm.
The LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 25-50mm / F1.7 ASPH. (H-X2550) will be available at valued channel partners for $1,799.99 at the end of August.
*Dust and Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this lens is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
•Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Global IOT market worth $106.1 billion by 2026 – Report by MarketsandMarkets
According to the new market research report “Industrial IoT Market by Device & Technology, Connectivity Type, Software, Vertical (Manufacturing, Energy, Oil & Gas, Healthcare, Retail, Transportation, Metals & Mining, Agriculture), and Geography – Global Forecast to 2026”, published by MarketsandMarkets™, the global IIoT market size is expected to grow from USD 76.7 billion in 2021 to USD 106.1 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period.
The growth of the IIoT market is driven by factors such as technological advancements in semiconductor and electronic devices, increased use of cloud computing platforms, standardization of IPv6, and support from governments of different countries for R&D activities related to IIoT.
IIoT market for smart beacons technology to grow at a high rate from 2021 to 2026
The IIoT industry for smart beacons is expected to grow at a significant rate between 2021 and 2026. Smart beacons function as signal transmitters that are majorly battery-powered and can be configured with the help of a mobile app. This makes them scalable and highly portable; when Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as smartphones and tablets, come in a beacon’s vicinity, the signal turns on the application in these devices and triggers activities associated with the beacon signal. Further, the increasing demand for IoT solutions worldwide is expected to propel the growth of the market for smart beacons.
Manufacturing vertical held the largest share of the IIoT market in 2020
Over the past few years, there has been an introduction of new approaches and technologies, such as smart factories, cyber-physical systems, and intelligent robotics. Governments in countries such as Germany, the UK, France, the US, China, and India have taken several initiatives for encouraging manufacturers to increase their investments for the adoption of IIoT solutions. The manufacturing vertical is expected to hold the largest share of the IIoT industry in 2021. However, the demand for the agriculture vertical is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Browse in-depth TOC on “Industrial IoT Market”
94 – Tables
55 – Figures
214 – Pages
IIoT market in APAC to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period
The IIoT industry in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. APAC is the largest manufacturing hub globally; it is also emerging as a large-scale hub for the metals and mining vertical. Infrastructural and industrial developments in emerging economies such as China and India are contributing to the growth of the IIoT market in this region. These factors are contributing to the growth of the market in North America.
The leading players in the industrial IoT market are Huawei (China), Cisco (US), GE (US), Intel (US), Rockwell Automation (US), ABB (Switzerland), Texas Instruments (US), Honeywell (US), IBM (US), KUKA AG(Germany), NEC Corporation (Japan), Bosch.IO (Germany), Siemens AG (Germany), and SAP (Germany).
MemVerge and Hazelcast to Co-Develop Big Memory Solutions for Financial Services
MemVerge™, the pioneers of Big Memory software, and Hazelcast, the fast cloud application platform, today announced a development and marketing partnership. The Hazelcast platform, featuring real-time streaming and memory-first database technologies, is being integrated with MemVerge memory virtualization and in-memory snapshot technologies to unlock Big Memory capacity and fault-tolerance. The technologies and software will be shaped into Big Memory reference architectures for Financial Services starting with Basel III Compliance solutions that will be introduced in the second half of 2021.
“Financial institutions are reporting that analytics jobs needed for Basel III compliance are growing in size and complexity,” said Kelly Herrell, CEO of Hazelcast. “The reference architectures we develop with MemVerge will enable our customers to transform processes, accelerate the completion of jobs and increase the reliability of applications to capture value at every moment.”
For IT organizations, channel partners, and vendors who need quick access to a Basel III Compliance solution, five Big Memory labs will be available for demonstrations, proof-of-concept testing, and software integration. Visit the Big Memory Lab page at memverge.com for information about capabilities and scheduling time in each lab: Arrow, Intel, MemVerge, Penguin Computing, StorageReview.com, and WWT.
According to Charles Fan, CEO of MemVerge, “The Hazelcast platform excels at large-scale computational jobs such as executing and scaling financial risk calculations. MemVerge Memory Machine™ software complements Hazelcast with the ability to scale-up memory capacity to terabytes per server with in-memory snapshots for fast crash recovery of an entire cluster. The combined power of Hazelcast and MemVerge will deliver superior performance and reliability to our joint customers in financial services.”
8 Best Cryptocurrency Blogs to Read Before Investing
AI Startup Mason Launches ModeMagic Partner Program to Help SMBs Streamline Their Online Merchandising Needs
Israeli Startup Infinipoint Launches First Device-Identity-as-a-Service (DIaaS) Solution
Interview2 years ago
An Interview with Joel Arun Sursas, Head of Clinical Affairs at Biorithm, Singapore
More1 year ago
6 Promising Up and Coming Fashion Companies
More3 years ago
Factors to Consider When Planning Your Office Design and Layout
Interview1 year ago
An Interview with Russell Jack, Southland-based Yogapreneur and Mindfulness Teacher
Other Internet Tech3 years ago
How to become an IPTV reseller? A beginner’s guide
More3 years ago
IPTV business for beginners
Business Ideas3 years ago
50 Small Business ideas with low investment
More3 years ago
Advantages of Using Ride-hailing Services for Transportation