Insights By CashKaro.com – India’s Largest Cashback and Coupons Website.
- Mobiles as a category dominated Day 1 of festive Sales and grew over 2000%
- TVs and Large Appliancessaw aggressive pricing &grew by 1500%
- 0% EMI on Credit & Debit Cards enabled more customers to shop on a budget
- Exclusive Partnerships & Flash Sales encouraged prompt transactions by shoppers
- Over 1000%increase in overall orders via CashKaro compared to non-sale days
- Total GMV rose by over 700% during the Sale period
- Tier 2 and Tier 4 Cities saw a 50% increase in Traffic
National, 11th October, 2018:The country’s top two e-commerce sites Amazon.in and Walmart owned-Flipkart started their biggest sales of the year yesterday. Overall, consumer sentiment was that the Sales had deeper discounts compared to last year and showcased an extensive catalogue of products on Sale. Shoppers also benefitted from up to 90% off discounts on Tata CliQ, Myntra, Jabong, Paytm Mall, ShopClues who also launched their annual festive Sales.
Working with all the top e-commerce players gives CashKaro.com – India’s Largest Cashback & Coupons Site, a unique position enabling it to compare trends and bestsellers across sites and categories.To help decode the impact of these sales CashKaro has chalked out key numbers and trends from Day 1. The growth percentages here reflect the increase in sales driven by CashKaro for these categories to partner retailer sites like Amazon.in, Flipkart, Paytm Mall and more.
- Top Product Categories
- Mobiles phones was the top selling category with upto 50% off offers accounting for over 40% of all transactions on Day 1. This growth is mainly driven by the multitude of new smartphone launches across different price points in the online channels this year as compared to last year. Chinese brands like Xiaomi, OnePlus and Honorwere a huge contributor to the sales.
- Small &Large Appliances registered over 400% growth compared to normal days, especially in Tier 2, 3and 4cities as a lot of these products are not available in these cities. In this category, televisions saw the highest spike in sales with upto 65% off offers.
- Given the high gross margins and up to 90% off offers, Fashion as a category saw special push by all websites.This resulted in over 1000% increase in orders placed via CashKaro on Day1 of the festive Sales.
- TopProducts Sold Across Categoriesvia CashKaro.com
- Mobiles– OnePlus 6, Redmi 6A, Redmi Y2, Redmi 6 Pro, Apple iPhone X, Honor 7C
- Electronics– Mi 20000 mAh Power Bank, JBL C100SI In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Canon EOS 1500D Digital SLR Camera
- Large Appliance– Mi LED Smart TV 4A 108 cm (43), Samsung 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top load Washing Machine, LG 260 L 4 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Small Appliance– Philips Beard Trimmer Cordless for Men QT4001/15
- Apparel & Accessories – U.S.Polo.Assn. Men’s Casual Trousers, Levi’s Men’s (65504) Skinny Fit Jeans, Casio Edifice Chronograph Black Dial Men’s Watch
- Beauty– Palmolive Aroma Absolute Relax Shower Gel, 250ml (Pack of 2), Set Wet Deodorant Spray Perfume, 150ml (Cool, Charm and Chill Avatar, Pack of 3), LakmeEyeconicKajal, Deep Black, 0.35g
- Home & Kitchen– Solimo Wax Tealight Candles (Set of 100, Unscented), Cello Carino Shot Glass Set, 30ml, Set of 6, Clear
- Best Selling Products on Sites
- OnePlus 6 (Mirror Black, 6GB RAM, 64GB Storage)
- Redmi 6A (Black, 2GB RAM, 16GB Storage)
- Redmi Y2 (Black, 3GB RAM, 32GB Storage)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player
- Redmi 6 Pro (Black, 3GB RAM, 32GB Storage)
Mi LED Smart TV 4A 80 cm (32”)
2. Mi 20000 mAh Power Bank (PLM06ZM, 2i) (White, Lithium Polymer)
3. Samsung 253 L Frost Free Double Door 4 Star Refrigerator
4. Samsung 6.2 kg Fully Automatic Top Load Washing Machine Grey
5. Midea 1 Ton 3 Star BEE Rating 2018 Inverter AC
- Top Deals Which Saw The Maximum Discounts
57% off -Voltas 1 Ton 3 Star Split AC
Price: Rs65,999 27990
Final Price after Cashback: Rs 27,011
- 45% off – Motorola Moto G5s Plus 64GB Lunar Grey
Price: Rs16,999 9,999
Final Price after Cashback: Rs 9,854
68% off- Ambrane P-1310 13000mAH Power Bank
Price: Rs2,499 799
Final Price after Cashback: Rs 781
- 45% off – JBL C150SI Headset with Mic (Black, In the Ear)
Price: Rs1399 799
Final Price after Cashback:Rs783
- 45% off – Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC
Price: Rs50,990 27999
Final Price after Cashback: Rs27,412
- 19% off – Mi LED Smart TV 4A 43’
Price: Rs25,999 20,999
Final Price after Cashback: Rs 20,853
- Tata CliQ
- 30% off – JBL T110BT Bluetooth Earphone with Mic
Price: Rs2499 1849
Final Price After Cashback: Rs 1757
- 40% off – Godrej RT EON 260 P 2.4 260 L 2 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
Price: Rs24,750 14,990
Final Price After Cashback: Rs14, 406
- 46% off -Buy Lloyd 1.5 Ton 3 Star AC
Price: Rs36,990 19,990
Final Price After Cashback: Rs 19,200
Top Bank Card & EMI Offers
Most websites offered extra Instant Discounts upon paying for orders via specific credit/debit cards. 0% EMI was a key trend today which further enabled more customers to shop on a budget. Below is a summary of the most popular Bank Card Offers:
- Amazon: 10% Instant Discount on SBI Cards (Discount ofRs 2,000 on orders over of Rs 3,000& Rs. 8,000 on orders over Rs.50,000). Amazon Pay EMI is also available for cashless purchases with a credit limit of Rs 60,000 that comes with 3 or 6-month repayment options at 0% EMI charges!
- Flipkart: 10% Instant Discount on HDFC Cards (Minimum Cart Value should be Rs 1,499 | Maximum Discount: Rs 2,500). Shoppers can also avail ‘Cardless Credit’ that offers a credit limit of up to Rs 60,000.
- Tata CliQ: 15% Instant Discount on Axis Cards (Min purchase – 5000, Max Discount- 2500)
- Paytm Mall: 10% ICICI Cash on orders over Rs 3,000
- Myntra: 10% Citi Cash on orders over Rs 3,000
- Jabong: 10% Citi Cash on orders over Rs 3,000
- NNNOW: Flat 10% HDFC Cash upon paying with HDFC Credit/Debit cards on orders over Rs 3,000
Interesting Retailer Initiatives To Spur Shopping
- Amazon is offeringFree Shipping to first time shoppers on their first orderto lure in new shoppers. To achieve this goal Amazon is targetingTier 2 and Tier 3cities and has launched a Hindi version of both its mobile website and app for Android devices.
- Amazon has also announced one-year extended warranty on purchase of any model or brand of refrigerators, washing machines and TVs during the sale, which is valid even after the expiration of the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Free screen replacement on all mobiles sold during the sale along with free pick-up & drop for the repairs, online tracking of repairs, repair delivery within seven days, and one- year guarantee from the time of purchase of the phone.
- On the other hand,Flipkart has partnerships with BlauPunkt and Xiaomi which is expected to cause a 2.5X jump in large appliance sales. In the run-up to the sale days, Flipkart has also launched a new range of refrigerators, TVs, and washing machines under its private label, MarQ.
- Focusing on encouraging shoppers to purchase more during this period both Amazon & Flipkart are offering a pre-approved credit limit of Rs 60,000 at 0% EMI to shoppers. This cashless credit comes with 3 or 6-month repayment options and is an added bonus for those shopping for expensive products. Amazon customers have usedRs 300 crore worth of credit for purchases on the platform on Day 1 of sales.
CashKaro.com, Co-Founder, Rohan Bhargava Weighs in on Festive Sale Trends
“Over the last few years the increase in discounts and promotional events run by e-tailing platforms has spurred a steep growth in shopping during the Diwali season. All top retailers have unveiled a bevy of offers to entice shoppers in a bid torope in buyers during this festive season.
Mobiles as a category continue to be the most sought-after segment this year, comprising over 40% of all transactions. Shoppers are spoilt for choice with everything from budget to premium smartphones available at great discounts and with easy payment options. Electronics and Large Appliances follow suit given the incredible offers on these categories.The efforts put in to build supply chains, delivery networks, free and speedy installationsas well as after-sales services of high ticketed items will have a clear impact on sales.
Other than this, Debit cards, one of the most popular payment methods, could see a further uptake this festive season, courtesy of schemes like Debit card EMIs.
The Average Order Value through CashKaro has seen increased more than 4Xon the first day of the sale season largely due to large number of purchases on high order value items like mobiles, washing machines, refrigerators, TVs etc.. The number of transactions via CashKaro.com during the festive period as compared to the regular days of the year has increased more than 10X. This is largely due to the wide array of discounts and promotions being offered to bring new shoppers online and drive repeat purchases. CashKaro.com offered up to 50% extra Cashback/Rewards on top of all these sales and discounts hence, our members had a great incentive to shop via us!
The top 5 Metros Delhi /NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kolkata have continued to dominate along with upcoming metro cities. This year, states such as Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Uttrakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Assamhave registered an increased traffic against last year.