We always come across news about carelessness of the companies in executing essential security measured in the plant which is the main reason for calamities at workplace. No company wants this to happen as it lands them into serious legal troubles. The accidents happen due to numerous mechanical, electrical, radiations and thermal processes. This not only affects the normal proceedings of the company but also lowers their profits and hampers their reputation in the market. Therefore, plant risk assessment is very importance to avoid the deaths of company workers and legal troubles. It is imperative for every employer to provide safe working environment to employees along with salaries and other benefits.
How would you install the plant risk management system in your business?
- The first step involves a visit of assessor for inspecting the office premises and work atmosphere. This inspection also includes listing the machinery and other equipment. This should be done with proper care. The technical team will evaluate your machineries and make a detail report. Afterward, you can make the changes as per their suggestions.
- The next step after this is to analyze various parts and equipment being used in plant. Observe how they are used and for which purpose. Analyzing their condition is the most important thing to do. It will help you to know if they are in working condition or allied with any risk.
- Third step of plant risk assessment is to evaluate safety rules and the company must maintain all safety rules implemented by the local municipal authority and government agencies. The assessor also must make sure if the safety guidelines are conveyed to entire workforce and they should maintain the safety regulations.
- The next step involves a thorough study of incidents occurred in past which caused serious injuries or even deaths to find out the reason behind them. After finding out the reasons, the company can easily prevent such issues in future and increase their productivity without any risk.
- Next step is to prepare detailed report mentioning reasons for dangers and necessary steps to avoid them. The controlling measures should also be documented in detail. After getting this detail report, the plant owners can make necessary changes in their manufacturing units.
Benefits of plant risk assessment
Injured employees cannot work properly, and this can hamper the production. Whereas a proper risk assessment leads to provide safe and healthy work environment to workers. Therefore, they can work with higher efficiency using all their potential. This helps in maintaining good quality of production.
- As there is no risk surrounding them while working, employees will work without any tension and with positive attitude. Positive attitude will certainly affect production in a positive way and company will gain profits. The company will have pleasant environment with minimum risks of calamities.
- Reduction of accidents is the main objective of any company and plant risk assessment helps them to obtain this objective. The machines and equipment are properly maintained reducing the possibility of accidents. This will make the workforce tension free. Apart from that, the company can also identify the potential problems of their machines and they can easily repair the same to prevent any issue in future.
- When any accident happens, the company must fight legal battles with families of injured or dead worker. The company needs to clarify the reasons to the safety department and if the safety department does not agree with the company then they will penalize the company with huge amounts. This will surely hamper not only the efficiency but also the reputation of the company.
Plant risk assessment is important for any company for ensuring the safety of the workers. This management system not only safe the company from legal problems, but the company can also increase their productivity by giving secure atmosphere to their employees.