In today’s era, it is very important for startups to be present where their audience are and engage with them. You can reach your tech-savvy audience through various channels of digital marketing. To get better results, In this post –ABC’s of Digital Marketing for Startups, I have written an easy guideline and some essentials of digital marketing which digital marketers should focus on. It will help in achieving your business objectives more smartly in this challenging era of Digital Startups.
A – ALT Tags
- A line of text used to describe the content associated with a non-text based file, typically an image. Use keywords in these attributes to get high rankings on your pages.
B – Brand Awareness Ads
- Brand awareness should be the first thing in building advertising objectives. Try local awareness ads on facebook to reach out more audiences. Making people aware that you exist will help you to drive more traffic and thus create a buzz in the market!
C – Cost per Acquisition Ads
- Try CPA ads and analyse the results from each ad. Keep your CPA less than Rs. 40.
D – Dynamic Retargeting Ads
- Dynamic retargeting Ads are shown to those users who have already been to your site containing images and information about the exact item they viewed.
E – Email Marketing
- Email marketing saves your budget & increase brand recognition. Email marketing helps you to stay in touch with your audience on a regular basis, keeping you top of mind and at the tip of their tongue.
F – Fun
- To engage with the audience on social media don’t bore them. Did you know 97% of the content shared on facebook are entertaining?
G – Geo-targeting Ads
- Use geo-targeting ads to reach your potential customers by their physical location. The major search engines now all offer the ability to geo-target searches in their Pay-Per-Click campaigns by viewing their IP addresses.
H – Header Tags
- HTML heading tags are critical components of SEO, as often times both are graphical, thereby unreadable to search engine spiders. Page titles should be included to define the page’s purpose and theme. All of the header tags should be used according to their relevance, with more prominent titles utilising <h1>, subheaders using <h2>, and so on.
I – Instagram Ads
- Instagram offers three different formats for advertising on the platform. Photo Ad, Video Ad & Carousel Ad where you will get a good number of reach in less budget as compared to facebook reach.
K – Keyword Research
- Be sure to play detective and research keywords for each platform you’re using because audiences can vary from platform to platform.
L – LinkedIn Ads
- Advertising on LinkedIn is important because it targets a more professional realm than other social media sites. There are also different advertising formats that you can choose from. You can advertise with image ads, video ads, or with a simple text ad.
M – Meta-Tags
- Also called meta-data, this information found in HTML page headers used to be the bread and butter of SEO marketing tactics.
N – Natural Listing
- Natural Listings also called “organic results” is the non-advertised listings in Search Engines. Some search engines may charge a fee to be included in their natural listings, but most of them are free. Website ranking depends on many factors and natural listing is one of them.
O – Outbound Links
- Links on any Web page leading to another Web page, whether they are within the same site or another website. Outbound links are important as they will help you to reach wider audiences.
P – Pop-up Ads
- Pop-up ads are forms of online advertising on the World Wide Web intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses. It will help you to capture more email addresses, which will be important for generating good contact lists and customer data.
Q- Quality Score
- Quality Score in Google Adwords used to calculate ratings of your keywords. If your Quality score is less than 5 then change your keyword or bidding accordingly.
R – Retargeting Ads
- Google Adwords and Facebook Ads both will provide you with the option of retargeting, retarget your user using these two channels. You will always have competitors when it comes to startups, but retargeting can help you be one step above everybody.
S – SEO
- Search engine optimisation or SEO, in short, is a set of rules that can be followed by website (or blog) owners to optimise their websites for search engines and thus improve their search engine rankings. It will lead you to increase your organic conversions.
T – Twitter Ads
- Twitter now offers a lot of advertising ads, including Promoted Tweets, Promoted Accounts, Promoted Trends, and Keyword Targeting in Timelines. Twitter is very different as compared to facebook when it comes to targeting.
U – UAC Campaigns
- If you are new to Google Adwords try running UAC campaigns. Universal app campaigns run ads across the Google Search Network and the Display Network, including Google Play, within other apps, and on YouTube. These campaigns generate your ads based on your app listing in the Google Play Store, a few independent lines of text, and an optional YouTube video link.
V – Viral Ads
- Every founder or co-founder has a dream to make startup going viral. But the truth is you never know what could go viral these days, the internet is weird like that.
- To list your startup at #1 in Search ranking, it very important to optimize your website properly. The majority of search engines users are more likely to choose one of the top 5 suggestions in the results page so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your website or customers to your on-line store you need to rank as higher as possible.
X – XML Sitemap
- XML Sitemaps are important to crawl your website and indexed by search engines. Based on your website data, search engines include pages in their search index, which means that page can be found by users. Website crawlability is its accessibility for search bots. You have to be sure that search bots will be able to find your website pages, obtain access and then “read” them.
Y – Youtube Ads
- YouTube has become an extremely important component of digital marketing.YouTube has an important role to play in terms of discovery as well as in the final stages of a buying decision.
Z – z- Index
- Using the z-index property of CSS allows you to better control the positioning of overlapping elements. This element is sometimes used for black hat SEO purposes.
These were some of the ways that will definitely help you in achieving your digital marketing goals. One needs to remember that there is no substitute for organic white hat techniques in the digital world. Hard work and patience will undoubtedly yield results. One should not get into the trap of Black hat techniques for digital marketing in order to get quick results eg.buying backlinks in order to rank high on google search index. Google will invariably punish you for this. Likewise, achieving your SEO goals in a shady way can result into not getting ranked at all.
Did you like the ABC’s of Digital Marketing for Startups or do you have other suggestions in your mind? Do let us know.
Top 3 guidelines on Digital Marketing in the times of COVID 19
With the world under lockdown, going online is the only way out
A lot has changed when it comes to digital consumption in the last two months, and people are now spending more time online than ever. Whether it is for information, entertainment, shopping or more, a Forbes report shows that the time spent online has surged from an average of 1.5 hours daily to 4 hours, post this pandemic.
In some regions like Europe, it has even gone beyond 70%! And we must not be surprised. After all, these are unprecedented times, and are bound to cause seismic shifts in our way of life.
Businesses are not immune either, and this virus has caused a jarring blow across markets and balance sheets and this pandemic has caused businesses and economies to suffer losses in epidemic proportions.
The only businesses that have managed to soften the blow are those that have invested in making their online presence felt, as more people are turning to the internet to find and get the everyday things they want.
These are the businesses that have managed to maintain some semblance of business continuity as they no longer have the opportunity to operate from their retail locations. There have been massive shifts in consumer behaviour, and an increased preference to buy everything online due to social distancing and safety concerns. It is believed that most of these shifts will become the new normal even after the pandemic ends.
And in the rise of such times, it would not be an exaggeration to say that 2020 brings new unique challenges for digital marketers and businesses. The right digital tactics during this can make the difference between staying afloat or going under once things settle down, and here are some insights and guidelines for marketers who aren’t quite sure of the best way ahead.
Do not pause your digital marketing efforts
While it is a fact that many businesses have decided to pause their marketing campaigns, doing so will likely undo all the momentum that has been built so far. The current situation is uncertain, and could last longer than what we would like. In such a case, it makes sense to refocus our marketing resources and efforts towards digital strategies from a long term point of view, because that is where your customers will meet you, lockdown or no lockdown.
Be sensitive and responsible
There is no doubt that this pandemic has impacted everyone in more ways than we can imagine, and I am not only referring to the health front. There is definitely an economic impact, a social and emotional impact as well.
As businesses marketing in these difficult times, it will really be worthwhile to find a more sensitive way to communicate, so as to offer value and support to your customers and the community at large. You can employ content as a means to offer meaningful and relevant engagement, whether it is tips to stay protected, or how to make the most of this situation.
Keep a close eye on your customer behaviour
Customer behaviour and preferences are evolving a pace faster than ever before, and if you don’t have a pulse on what is important for them at this point in time, you run the risk of becoming irrelevant. I am not talking only about shopping behaviour here, but also their expectations from businesses.
You can continue to adapt your campaigns and media choices to best meet these changes. You might even need to redefine your strategy every week, so you must be prepared! You can rest assured that this is a necessary investment that will pay off well once this is over.
Accent Group’s move to shut down a significant number of its leased stores in favour of online retailing is probably an indicator of things to come. And as more businesses move their focus online, we must remember that being timely, relevant and effective is even more important for brands today. Keeping our efforts on during this time will ensure that you develop an edge over those who are not doing anything, and will allow your business to stay ahead of the curve.
5 Ways Cryptocurrencies Will Impact Digital Marketing
Cryptocurrencies are steadily becoming the preferred method of payment in the online realm. As a result, the industries that are starting to accept these currencies are constantly on the rise. Soon, we can expect to have every single industry become more open and accepting towards cryptocurrencies.
That being said, it really comes as no surprise that the digital marketing industry is about to experience some serious change. From the availability of user data all the way to brand trust and recognition, things are certainly about to change. However, before we go any deeper into the matter, we must first try to define cryptocurrencies and explain how they work.
Cryptocurrency and the blockchain technologies
With the traditional methods of payment, the user needed to provide a company with a lot of personal data. But if you are using cryptocurrencies for your transactions, you won’t need to provide anything more than just your wallet ID. Since cryptocurrencies are based on the blockchain technologies where every piece of data is encrypted, it becomes obvious that the data you leave online can’t really be accessed or changed by anybody once it is verified.
How does the blockchain work?
The way blockchain technologies work is that every piece of data left online is encrypted in a block. Furthermore, once verified, this block is being added to the blockchain. Due to the fact that the blockchain is so decentralized, there is not a single place where the information is being kept. Rather, it is scattered all over the internet realm.
The impact of cryptocurrencies on user data
As mentioned, all the users that perform a certain activity online leave traces of data. Be it their name, home address or even bank account number, all of these information pieces – once put online – stay there forever. However, the consumers that use cryptocurrencies don’t have to worry about those information pieces ever being accessed or changed.
Why is this good news?
This may present a sort of a problem for digital marketers as they will no longer be able to access consumer data with the ease they have been doing it so far. But there is a solution. Any company that wishes to present their customers with targeted ads can offer to pay their consumers for every received newsletter and any relevant piece of data. This way, both parties will have something to gain. Consumers will be presented with only the most relevant ads, while companies will still get the data they need to create those ads in the first place.
The elimination of the middleman
With the traditional methods of payment both the buyer and the seller needed to provide their personal information in order to get verified from a middle man – usually a bank. However, since cryptocurrencies are decentralized and are not regulated by any bank or government, trading with them eliminates the need for a middleman.
What you stand to gain?
For companies, this promises greater profit in terms of not having to pay for a said middleman or any transaction fees. For the buyer, cryptocurrencies offer the same benefits. Not only that but since cryptocurrencies don’t need to be processed by any bank, the transactions done with them are far faster.
Brand recognition and improved trust among consumers
The fact of the matter is that not all internet consumers feel safe leaving their sensitive information online, no matter how secure the website is. Therefore, marketers who embrace the blockchain technologies – and with them, the cryptocurrencies – will be perceived as more reputable and trustworthy.
Why is this important?
This is particularly important in industries where trust plays a huge role, such as the iGaming industry. Here, many mention-worthy online casinos have already accepted digital currency as a regular means of payment. This is excellent news, especially for people who are just looking to get into the industry and try it out. Cryptocurrencies will enable them to see if the industry has something of value to offer to them without necessarily requiring them to provide any sensitive information.
Social media and the value of cryptocurrencies
Finally, since social media plays such an important role in the life of a modern individual, it is really no surprise that it can affect the value of cryptocurrencies. The fact is that Bitcoin gained all the exposure and recognition precisely thanks to Reddit, Twitter and Facebook.
How does it affect the value?
Therefore, the more popular the currency is, the more it will be talked about on social media. And, of course, the greater the exposure and recognition it manages to gain, the more people will be interested in it. This will easily make the currency go up in value, as the demand for it will be significantly increased.
The bottom line
To sum everything up, it is safe to assume that once cryptocurrencies become more widely-used the world of digital marketing will be changed forever. However, industry professionals shouldn’t fear this change. Instead, they should embrace it and start planning the ways they can use it to their advantage. The sooner they adapt to new trends and rules of the game, the more chances they will have at reaching success.
Top Four Ways Entrepreneurs Can Optimize Their Business Profiles on Instagram
Instagram can be a convenient platform for online entrepreneurs to promote their brand products to large, online, and target audience. This is the reason why it is worthwhile for them to create a business profile on this popular social media platform. On Instagram, the owners have a higher probability of attracting a large number of online customers to their business. In the process, these proprietors are likely to see a significant increase in sales revenues and customer engagement rates.
How can entrepreneurs optimize their Instagram profile?
Online marketing experts say creating a business profile on Instagram is not enough. Entrepreneurs need to take the necessary steps to optimize it. Otherwise, business owners will find it difficult to to attract a large number of online users to their businesses. For this, they need to develop a suitable strategy to help them achieve this objective. In doing so, entrepreneurs need to keep the following important four tips in mind:
Focus on attracting quality Instagram followers to their business
Entrepreneurs may notice many Instagram followers browse through their business profile and bio daily. This does not mean that all of them are likely to become potential customers who will eventually buy their products. The owners need to focus on attracting Instagram followers who show interest in their businesses and brand products. The likes, comments, follow etc.can increase the popularity of their businesses in the market.
Come up with a relevant content calendar
Entrepreneurs need to remember that Instagram followers are always looking forward to browsing through their fresh content. This is why the owners have to upload relevant photo images and live videos on their Instagram profile. Otherwise, these online users will simply lose interest in the owners’ businesses. If the owners do have trouble come up with suitable visual content for their online customers, they can hire qualified professionals for advice and establishing credibility in the market along with gaining real Instagram followers.
Activating relevant Instagram notifications
Entrepreneurs should always be ready to respond to an online targeted audience’s needs even at short notice. To do this, the owners should consider activating relevant Instagram notificationsto meet the demands of their potential customers. Even when launching new products, the proprietors can use the same features to inform their online users of the events. This enables owners to not be successful in their promotional efforts but also increases customer engagement.
Checking the compatibility of their Instagram profile across different devices
Instagram followers can access this popular social media networking site from a number of devices, including their smartphones. Entrepreneurs need to ensure their business profile is compatible with these devices. If this is not the case, the owners are going to face difficulties in getting their visual content across to their targeted audience. This not only hampers the proprietors’ promotional efforts, but they even end up losing potential customers.
Entrepreneurs will find it much easier to engage their targeted audience by optimizing their Instagram profile. In doing so, they need to focus on attracting the right Instagram followers to their businesses. The owners should also develop a suitable content calendar and activate relevant notifications. Moreover, they should ensure their profile is compatible with different devices.
Author bio: Karen is a Business Tech Analyst. She is very responsible towards her job. She helps marketers to achieve better results.
Ardigen Enters Into Research Collaboration With CVC to Apply Artificial Intelligence for Identification of T-cell Targets
In this Interview, Leading AI Expert Mariojose Palma Talks About the Evolution and Future of AI
What Comes After 5G?
More5 months ago
6 Promising Up and Coming Fashion Companies
Interview10 months ago
An Interview with Joel Arun Sursas, Head of Clinical Affairs at Biorithm, Singapore
More2 years ago
Factors to Consider When Planning Your Office Design and Layout
Other Internet Tech2 years ago
How to become an IPTV reseller? A beginner’s guide
More2 years ago
IPTV business for beginners
Business Ideas2 years ago
50 Small Business ideas with low investment
office8 months ago
Unique Design Ideas For A New Startup Company
News3 months ago
500k Zoom accounts hacked; personal information being sold on the Dark Web