In today’s era, it is very important for startups to be present where their audience are and engage with them. You can reach your tech-savvy audience through various channels of digital marketing. To get better results, In this post –ABC’s of Digital Marketing for Startups, I have written an easy guideline and some essentials of digital marketing which digital marketers should focus on. It will help in achieving your business objectives more smartly in this challenging era of Digital Startups.
A – ALT Tags
- A line of text used to describe the content associated with a non-text based file, typically an image. Use keywords in these attributes to get high rankings on your pages.
B – Brand Awareness Ads
- Brand awareness should be the first thing in building advertising objectives. Try local awareness ads on facebook to reach out more audiences. Making people aware that you exist will help you to drive more traffic and thus create a buzz in the market!
C – Cost per Acquisition Ads
- Try CPA ads and analyse the results from each ad. Keep your CPA less than Rs. 40.
D – Dynamic Retargeting Ads
- Dynamic retargeting Ads are shown to those users who have already been to your site containing images and information about the exact item they viewed.
E – Email Marketing
- Email marketing saves your budget & increase brand recognition. Email marketing helps you to stay in touch with your audience on a regular basis, keeping you top of mind and at the tip of their tongue.
F – Fun
- To engage with the audience on social media don’t bore them. Did you know 97% of the content shared on facebook are entertaining?
G – Geo-targeting Ads
- Use geo-targeting ads to reach your potential customers by their physical location. The major search engines now all offer the ability to geo-target searches in their Pay-Per-Click campaigns by viewing their IP addresses.
H – Header Tags
- HTML heading tags are critical components of SEO, as often times both are graphical, thereby unreadable to search engine spiders. Page titles should be included to define the page’s purpose and theme. All of the header tags should be used according to their relevance, with more prominent titles utilising <h1>, subheaders using <h2>, and so on.
I – Instagram Ads
- Instagram offers three different formats for advertising on the platform. Photo Ad, Video Ad & Carousel Ad where you will get a good number of reach in less budget as compared to facebook reach.
K – Keyword Research
- Be sure to play detective and research keywords for each platform you’re using because audiences can vary from platform to platform.
L – LinkedIn Ads
- Advertising on LinkedIn is important because it targets a more professional realm than other social media sites. There are also different advertising formats that you can choose from. You can advertise with image ads, video ads, or with a simple text ad.
M – Meta-Tags
- Also called meta-data, this information found in HTML page headers used to be the bread and butter of SEO marketing tactics.
N – Natural Listing
- Natural Listings also called “organic results” is the non-advertised listings in Search Engines. Some search engines may charge a fee to be included in their natural listings, but most of them are free. Website ranking depends on many factors and natural listing is one of them.
O – Outbound Links
- Links on any Web page leading to another Web page, whether they are within the same site or another website. Outbound links are important as they will help you to reach wider audiences.
P – Pop-up Ads
- Pop-up ads are forms of online advertising on the World Wide Web intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses. It will help you to capture more email addresses, which will be important for generating good contact lists and customer data.
Q- Quality Score
- Quality Score in Google Adwords used to calculate ratings of your keywords. If your Quality score is less than 5 then change your keyword or bidding accordingly.
R – Retargeting Ads
- Google Adwords and Facebook Ads both will provide you with the option of retargeting, retarget your user using these two channels. You will always have competitors when it comes to startups, but retargeting can help you be one step above everybody.
S – SEO
- Search engine optimisation or SEO, in short, is a set of rules that can be followed by website (or blog) owners to optimise their websites for search engines and thus improve their search engine rankings. It will lead you to increase your organic conversions.
T – Twitter Ads
- Twitter now offers a lot of advertising ads, including Promoted Tweets, Promoted Accounts, Promoted Trends, and Keyword Targeting in Timelines. Twitter is very different as compared to facebook when it comes to targeting.
U – UAC Campaigns
- If you are new to Google Adwords try running UAC campaigns. Universal app campaigns run ads across the Google Search Network and the Display Network, including Google Play, within other apps, and on YouTube. These campaigns generate your ads based on your app listing in the Google Play Store, a few independent lines of text, and an optional YouTube video link.
V – Viral Ads
- Every founder or co-founder has a dream to make startup going viral. But the truth is you never know what could go viral these days, the internet is weird like that.
- To list your startup at #1 in Search ranking, it very important to optimize your website properly. The majority of search engines users are more likely to choose one of the top 5 suggestions in the results page so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your website or customers to your on-line store you need to rank as higher as possible.
X – XML Sitemap
- XML Sitemaps are important to crawl your website and indexed by search engines. Based on your website data, search engines include pages in their search index, which means that page can be found by users. Website crawlability is its accessibility for search bots. You have to be sure that search bots will be able to find your website pages, obtain access and then “read” them.
Y – Youtube Ads
- YouTube has become an extremely important component of digital marketing.YouTube has an important role to play in terms of discovery as well as in the final stages of a buying decision.
Z – z- Index
- Using the z-index property of CSS allows you to better control the positioning of overlapping elements. This element is sometimes used for black hat SEO purposes.
These were some of the ways that will definitely help you in achieving your digital marketing goals. One needs to remember that there is no substitute for organic white hat techniques in the digital world. Hard work and patience will undoubtedly yield results. One should not get into the trap of Black hat techniques for digital marketing in order to get quick results eg.buying backlinks in order to rank high on google search index. Google will invariably punish you for this. Likewise, achieving your SEO goals in a shady way can result into not getting ranked at all.
Did you like the ABC’s of Digital Marketing for Startups or do you have other suggestions in your mind? Do let us know.
Digital Marketing Tips for Start-Ups
Digital marketing is a complicated process, but it doesn’t have to be. As a start-up, you can set up a successful digital marketing strategy if you are aware of what matters and what doesn’t. While it may be tempting to focus solely on the quality of your product, you’ll need to cast the net wider and get to grips with search engine optimization (SEO) as well as understanding your customers and what they need. If you are new to the world of digital marketing, the tips below can help.
Leverage Social Media
With much of the world on social media these days, as a start-up, you must leverage these platforms, too. Your online presence matters a great deal, especially if you want to be seen and heard amongst the rest of the virtual noise. Social media provides direct access to your customer base and allows you to gain a regular following. If you need guidance about setting up or managing your social media profiles, enlisting the help of a professional like ALT Agency can go a long way towards helping your brand stand out.
Pay Attention to the Customer Experience
When it comes to business, the customer is king. This means that your start-up and its operations must be designed around the customer experience, whether it’s through your website design, your communication channels, or your products and services. Get to know your customers by engaging with them and find out their wants and needs, as well as what works for them. By giving them attention and showing that you care, you stand a good chance of maintaining a loyal customer base and boosting your sales.
Create High-Quality Content
The value of high-quality content cannot be underestimated. With so much content on the web today, you’ll want yours to stand out and provide value for your customer. However, having excellent content isn’t just about the quality of writing, either. Good content will target the right audience for your business and provide information or services that are highly valuable to them. Ensure as much as possible that your content is fresh, innovative, and useful for your target market.
Engage Your Users via Email Marketing
One of the most powerful marketing tools at your disposal is the almighty email. If you want to reach your audience and provide targeted messages, then this is the best way to do it. Sending out regular newsletters, promotions, and offers are excellent ways to not only attract new customers but also to maintain them. Therefore, it’s important to create a lead generation strategy that includes sending specific emails to target groups.
Add a Blog
Blogs are highly beneficial to business websites because they communicate key messages about their products and services. Blogging is also a way for customers to get to know you better and to understand your perspectives. It also helps with SEO as you can rank higher for more keywords on search engines. If you have the means to set up a blog on your site, make sure that the content is valuable, regular, and consistent.
Digital Marketing Made Easy: The Simplest Guide to Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing has become an indispensable tool in the hands of marketers all across the business spectrum. Be it a traditional brick and mortar business or a tech startup dealing in an AI product, any marketing strategy nowadays involves a balanced combination of traditional and digital marketing techniques.
But there is a lot of mist around the definition and application of digital marketing, making it a ‘mysterious thing’ for those who are not tech-savvy. In this post, we will understand digital marketing in a simple manner so that the reader does not get overwhelmed by the jargons thrown by digital marketing gurus and they themselves can decide which digital marketing is best applicable for their business scenario. If you have recently started a business, you can also go through this valuable digital marketing resource for small businesses.
What is Digital Marketing?
Simply put, Digital Marketing is a marketing strategy that involves the use of digital platforms including social media platforms, blogs, and websites to promote a brand.
Many experts believe that marketing using any electronic medium can be termed as digital marketing. However, others believe that marketing using a traditional electronic medium such as a Television or a radio should be regarded as a traditional marketing strategy. For simplicity, we will stick to the former definition.
Different types of Digital Marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
- Affiliate marketing
These are some of the online digital marketing techniques in use today. Let’s go through each one of them to understand them in detail.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
With the rapid increase in the usage of smartphones, finding an answer to your query has become super easy. Whether you are looking for a cake supplier nearby or you want to know the best hotel in your vicinity, chances are that you will invariably lookout for this information on the internet.
PPC or pay-per-click marketing is a type of digital marketing in which advertisers pay an amount every time one of their ads is clicked i.e. they pay for every click on their promoted links. You must have seen that when you search any product on Google, on top of the search result, there are links with the ‘Ad’ prefix. When you click on these links, the advertisers have to pay for those clicks.
The cost per click depends on the nature of the keyword, how hard it is to rank for that keyword etc. Essentially, it’s a way of paying search engines to send prospective clients to your site. Many experts don’t consider PPC marketing as a sustainable way of bringing clients on board. For them, organic traffic to your site is a better and sustainable marketing strategy.
However, some of the major established brands are known to have used this strategy given the massive competition in the online sphere. PPC marketing can be broadly put in the category of Search engine marketing (SEM) which is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages primarily through paid advertising.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Before we understand what is social media marketing, check out this post –What is Social Media to understand what exactly social media mean and what different forms it has taken over the years.
Now that you clearly understand what social media is, let us try to understand what social media marketing is. SMM is the use of social media platforms and websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to promote a good or service. According to datareportal, there are around 4.14 billion social media users. Even if this number is contentious, this gives an indication that if you are not spending on social media marketing, you are losing a lot of eyeballs.
Email marketing involves sending emails to a group of people in order to promote a product or service. Over the years, email marketing has evolved dramatically. Email marketers have also adapted to the way how users view emails and the privacy associated thereof. Nowadays, when you visit a website, you see access to a lot of free offerings, including free ebooks, newsletters etc. In order to make use of these free materials, you just have to provide your email address.
Marketers typically send free stuff initially building a funnel and present their products or services at a later stage of email transactions.
Broadly speaking, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.
Content Marketing is a type of marketing that involves the creation and sharing of digital content such as blog posts, videos, podcasts, etc. that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to arouse interest in its products or services.
In simple words, Affiliate marketing allows you to earn a commission while promoting products or services. If you have a website, you can promote a service or product using affiliate links. When a user clicks on that affiliate link and makes a purchase, you earn a commission.
With several blogs and websites doing well, advertisers are using this marketing technique more and more.
Digital marketing is here to stay. Companies all over the world are spending millions of dollars on digital marketing campaigns. Also, with the increasing penetration of the internet and widespread usage of smartphones, digital marketing is bound to be a major marketing tool for marketers world over and it would not be wrong to say that one who has won the digital marketing war has won the marketing war.
4 Top Digital Marketing Strategies and How to Use Them
People have seen massive growth in digital marketing as compared to how it was many years ago. It has helpedmany businesses reach the target audience that will most likely buy the products.Therefore it is not only a budget-friendly advertisement, but it is also beneficial for your new or ongoing business.
Fortunately for you, we have gathered up a few types of digital marketing strategies to help you better understand where to invest if you want to enhance your product marketing.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing:
SEO marketing is the most important one because it can help your business rise by appearing at one of the top results when someone is searching for your brand, your products, or other words and phraseson Google
When your brand shows up in the search results, it appears as your brand is an authentic one and creates a good customer objective.
How to Use It:
You need good valuable content to start with for SEO marketing. If you are just starting up, the plugins are a good option, but if you are a company with a large budget, you can hire an expert to do the job for you in a more efficient way.
Pay per Click is a paid advertisement that stays up in the search engine as long as you pay them to do the job. It is quite similar to SEO, like the way to increase search engine traffic for your business. PPC is the ads you see at the top side of the page when browsing the internet, like the ads before YouTube videos or other ads in mobile games and apps.
How to Use It:
For example, You can work with a London based digital marketing agency to have them create a couple of great keyword searches to target the right audience towards what your business is selling. Also, if someone clicks on your ad, you pay for the click as per the name.
Social Media Marketing Strategy:
Compared to other marketing tactics, social media advertising has become one of the biggest and more reliable sources for connecting to your customers on different platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. You can say that every business needs to be on one of these social media networks.
How to Use It:
All you have to do is post about your products in a comprehensive way so the people will see it and buy from you, and if they are satisfied with your marketing, they will further share it with their family and friends, thus creating more customers.
One of the oldest techniques to sell your brand is by email, but it is still one of the most effective ways to help you in digital marketing. Create eye-catchy subject headings, so no one misses out on your email in their inboxes.
How to Use It:
Your company can create email newsletters on your website, so the customers are the first ones to know about your new product.
These were the top 4 types of digital marketing that you can ponder on for your business. Think about which strategy suits you and what you are looking to achieve, then pick a few of the marketing media to get you started.
Exact invests in services sector with the acquisition of Gripp
Tokocrypto Launches Toko Token (TKO), a CeFi-DeFi hybrid and Indonesia's first virtual currency project
Latest 7-Eleven Evolution Store Opens in Prosper, Texas
Interview2 years ago
An Interview with Joel Arun Sursas, Head of Clinical Affairs at Biorithm, Singapore
More1 year ago
6 Promising Up and Coming Fashion Companies
More3 years ago
Factors to Consider When Planning Your Office Design and Layout
Interview9 months ago
An Interview with Russell Jack, Southland-based Yogapreneur and Mindfulness Teacher
Other Internet Tech3 years ago
How to become an IPTV reseller? A beginner’s guide
More3 years ago
IPTV business for beginners
Business Ideas3 years ago
50 Small Business ideas with low investment
More3 years ago
Advantages of Using Ride-hailing Services for Transportation