In today’s era, it is very important for startups to be present where their audience are and engage with them. You can reach your tech-savvy audience through various channels of digital marketing. To get better results, In this post –ABC’s of Digital Marketing for Startups, I have written an easy guideline and some essentials of digital marketing which digital marketers should focus on. It will help in achieving your business objectives more smartly in this challenging era of Digital Startups.
A – ALT Tags
- A line of text used to describe the content associated with a non-text based file, typically an image. Use keywords in these attributes to get high rankings on your pages.
B – Brand Awareness Ads
- Brand awareness should be the first thing in building advertising objectives. Try local awareness ads on facebook to reach out more audiences. Making people aware that you exist will help you to drive more traffic and thus create a buzz in the market!
C – Cost per Acquisition Ads
- Try CPA ads and analyse the results from each ad. Keep your CPA less than Rs. 40.
D – Dynamic Retargeting Ads
- Dynamic retargeting Ads are shown to those users who have already been to your site containing images and information about the exact item they viewed.
E – Email Marketing
- Email marketing saves your budget & increase brand recognition. Email marketing helps you to stay in touch with your audience on a regular basis, keeping you top of mind and at the tip of their tongue.
F – Fun
- To engage with the audience on social media don’t bore them. Did you know 97% of the content shared on facebook are entertaining?
G – Geo-targeting Ads
- Use geo-targeting ads to reach your potential customers by their physical location. The major search engines now all offer the ability to geo-target searches in their Pay-Per-Click campaigns by viewing their IP addresses.
H – Header Tags
- HTML heading tags are critical components of SEO, as often times both are graphical, thereby unreadable to search engine spiders. Page titles should be included to define the page’s purpose and theme. All of the header tags should be used according to their relevance, with more prominent titles utilising <h1>, subheaders using <h2>, and so on.
I – Instagram Ads
- Instagram offers three different formats for advertising on the platform. Photo Ad, Video Ad & Carousel Ad where you will get a good number of reach in less budget as compared to facebook reach.
K – Keyword Research
- Be sure to play detective and research keywords for each platform you’re using because audiences can vary from platform to platform.
L – LinkedIn Ads
- Advertising on LinkedIn is important because it targets a more professional realm than other social media sites. There are also different advertising formats that you can choose from. You can advertise with image ads, video ads, or with a simple text ad.
M – Meta-Tags
- Also called meta-data, this information found in HTML page headers used to be the bread and butter of SEO marketing tactics.
N – Natural Listing
- Natural Listings also called “organic results” is the non-advertised listings in Search Engines. Some search engines may charge a fee to be included in their natural listings, but most of them are free. Website ranking depends on many factors and natural listing is one of them.
O – Outbound Links
- Links on any Web page leading to another Web page, whether they are within the same site or another website. Outbound links are important as they will help you to reach wider audiences.
P – Pop-up Ads
- Pop-up ads are forms of online advertising on the World Wide Web intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses. It will help you to capture more email addresses, which will be important for generating good contact lists and customer data.
Q- Quality Score
- Quality Score in Google Adwords used to calculate ratings of your keywords. If your Quality score is less than 5 then change your keyword or bidding accordingly.
R – Retargeting Ads
- Google Adwords and Facebook Ads both will provide you with the option of retargeting, retarget your user using these two channels. You will always have competitors when it comes to startups, but retargeting can help you be one step above everybody.
S – SEO
- Search engine optimisation or SEO, in short, is a set of rules that can be followed by website (or blog) owners to optimise their websites for search engines and thus improve their search engine rankings. It will lead you to increase your organic conversions.
T – Twitter Ads
- Twitter now offers a lot of advertising ads, including Promoted Tweets, Promoted Accounts, Promoted Trends, and Keyword Targeting in Timelines. Twitter is very different as compared to facebook when it comes to targeting.
U – UAC Campaigns
- If you are new to Google Adwords try running UAC campaigns. Universal app campaigns run ads across the Google Search Network and the Display Network, including Google Play, within other apps, and on YouTube. These campaigns generate your ads based on your app listing in the Google Play Store, a few independent lines of text, and an optional YouTube video link.
V – Viral Ads
- Every founder or co-founder has a dream to make startup going viral. But the truth is you never know what could go viral these days, the internet is weird like that.
- To list your startup at #1 in Search ranking, it very important to optimize your website properly. The majority of search engines users are more likely to choose one of the top 5 suggestions in the results page so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your website or customers to your on-line store you need to rank as higher as possible.
X – XML Sitemap
- XML Sitemaps are important to crawl your website and indexed by search engines. Based on your website data, search engines include pages in their search index, which means that page can be found by users. Website crawlability is its accessibility for search bots. You have to be sure that search bots will be able to find your website pages, obtain access and then “read” them.
Y – Youtube Ads
- YouTube has become an extremely important component of digital marketing.YouTube has an important role to play in terms of discovery as well as in the final stages of a buying decision.
Z – z- Index
- Using the z-index property of CSS allows you to better control the positioning of overlapping elements. This element is sometimes used for black hat SEO purposes.
These were some of the ways that will definitely help you in achieving your digital marketing goals. One needs to remember that there is no substitute for organic white hat techniques in the digital world. Hard work and patience will undoubtedly yield results. One should not get into the trap of Black hat techniques for digital marketing in order to get quick results eg.buying backlinks in order to rank high on google search index. Google will invariably punish you for this. Likewise, achieving your SEO goals in a shady way can result into not getting ranked at all.
Did you like the ABC’s of Digital Marketing for Startups or do you have other suggestions in your mind? Do let us know.
Social Media Strategies That Will Grow Your Business
An online presence is something of a necessity nowadays. There is hardly a thing you can do without the Internet. Various forms of media have promoted business growth over the years and in the recent past, the digital arena has been at the core of business promotion and growth.
Marketing is at the heart of all business growth. Social media marketing (SMM) is a somewhat newer strategy but it is proving to be an effective marketing tool. If you haven’t jumped on the SMM wagon, you are missing out and it’s high time you joined the team.
How To Market On Social Media
Social media (SM) works by creating and sharing content. The quality of your content is will affect your audience. If your content is good, it will appeal to a wider audience.
It is important to research topics and ideas that you have and find creative ways to create them. This might require you to plan ahead of time. You can also choose to create your content in bulk (batching) and then schedule when you will share them.
When you share your content regularly, you can both create an audience and also retain it. Consistency creates room for engagement. You can have conversations with your audience and this creates room for growth.
People will easily associate with a brand when it has created a clear and consistent image and voice in their minds. Knowing your niche will help you target a specific audience and it also helps your targeted audience distinguish you from other brands.
Every business must have a way to analyse its business data. Many social media platforms have analytics as an option for businesses allowing them to see how they have performed. This is an important tool to discover weak points and strong points. You can make adjustments based on your discoveries.
Many social media platforms have paid advertising options. Investing in paid advertising is a great way to increase your reach and grow your audience.
Set SMM Goals
The first thing to consider when opting to market on social media is what platform to use. You can choose one or several depending on your ability to manage the platforms and your specific needs as a business. The type of content you aim to create is also a factor that will determine the platform used. There are 4 content types; audio, images, text and video. Choose an international media group to grow your business.
Having a niche means creating specific content for a specific audience. Social media allows businesses to interact with their audiences directly and this not only starts conversations, but it also creates loyalty. Customers love it when they feel like they have a personal connection with the one providing what they want or need.
Investing in ads is an easy way to create awareness of your brand on social media. It can generate a loyal fan base or following and also grow your audience.
Call To Action
Creating content should be both intentional and strategic. A call to action is adding a specific instruction to your content. When you add links to your website on social media, you can direct your audience to it by directing them to it. You can also create free content (freebie) which they can access through subscribing to an email list which provides a direct way to reaching them with other products. It is a great way to boost sales.
Benefits Of SMM
- Promotes authenticity and originality
- Even small businesses with low budgets can grow
- Get to understand the market
- Create a custom audience
- Understand your customers’ patterns
- Create brand awareness
- Allows you to promote your products and services
Wrapping It Up
Social media is a great way to grow your business. It is a low-cost investment with low risks and numerous benefits. Implementing a social media strategy would be a great way to increase your reach and sales.
How large brands use SEO and Digital Marketing to reach their target audience
Digital Marketing is becoming a must-do for all businesses today. Whether small, medium or large, there are very few businesses that are immune to the allure of digital marketing.
There is often a misconception that large and successful brands have it easy when it comes to marketing, given the reputation that they’ve already earned, and the huge marketing monies and resources at their disposal.
But here’s the real deal. Despite the obvious advantages that these brands might have, it is as much of an effort to stay on top, as much as it is to reach the top. And in the digital world, where young brands do not need huge budgets to have a presence, the competition can get even more intense, with many more players vying for the same space and the same audience on digital. Moreover, there is much information and misinformation about what works and what doesn’t.
However, there are some large players across the globe that are leading the way when it comes to doing Digital Marketing & SEO, and continue to lead both online and offline. Irrespective of the budgets they employ, these brands are focussing on doing simple things right, in a consistent manner. And while at it, they also adapt their communication and strategy as needed, to real-time market and customer dynamics.
I’d like to spotlight the top proven tactics that would be of value for small and medium businesses as well.
- Investing in User Experience
Creating a pleasant user experience (UX) online is an extremely important aspect of digital success, and for that matter, even marketing in general.
Successful brands understand that the quality of a visitor’s online experience can have a huge impact on whether they choose to interact or not with the brand. It is for this reason that they invest significant time and effort in creating a stellar experience for their online visitors, akin to their offline experience.
Right from the content and design to creating a smooth user journey, the focus is to design an experience around what the target audience needs and wants. While research can help in understanding what works best, it is important to keep in mind that your owned online assets should be optimized for both web and mobile, so as to ensure a seamless experience for the visitor.
A great UX can augment visitor interest, which can translate into leads and hopefully, revenue in the long run and it is worth investing time in getting this right.
- Strategic Content Marketing
Content Marketing is becoming a highly ranked buzzword today and has evolved from a “good to have” to a “must-have” element in the digital marketing mix. Loosely defined, content marketing stands for creating relevant, engaging and valuable content, and distributing it on the right channels to attract, convert and retain your target audience. In other words, delivering the right content at the right time to the right person forms the crux of good content marketing.
It is interesting to note that while the broad digital tactics might be similar across competing brands, it is really content that helps a brand stand out amidst the information clutter in the online space.
Successful brands usually have a well-defined content strategy with clearly outlined goals and KPIs in place. If we were to look for commonalities among the content strategies of these brands, we would see that they employ different content formats that span text, audio, visual, video and more. Also, we would all agree that the brands we feel closest to bring us content that is entertaining, informative, evocative, inspirational and enriching or even all of these at once! These brands invest significant time and resources to create high-quality content for each step of the buyer journey, and beyond. There are some smart brands that not only create their own content but thrive on user-generated and curated content as well.
Whether you choose to create or curate, good content is deeply rooted in an accurate understanding of your target audience and what they really want.
- Optimizing Social Media
Social Media platforms have become the place to hang out online, especially post the pandemic. Unlike the case a few years back, an increasing number of social media users are willing to engage with brands online. Social channels offer a dynamic, ever-evolving virtual space where people share about what is important to them, and connect with people, brands and causes that they care about.
Successful online brands use this as a wonderful opportunity to not only reach out and engage with their diverse audiences’ online, but also have interactions that drive preference, conversions and encourage repeat purchases. These brands also monitor their social metrics and correlate it with business performance metrics like ROI, leads and sales.
For success on social, it is also important to also identify the right platforms where your customers spend more time and build a strong presence with well-planned content, campaigns and real-time responsiveness.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEM or PPC usually makes it to most digital marketing plans, but SEO is where the real reward lies. Most purchase decisions today start with a simple online search, and organic search results command much higher credibility as compared to paid results. In fact, this behaviour is so deeply embedded, that it feels only natural to look online when we are considering making a purchase decision. This is an era dependent on search engines, and no brand, big or small, would want to miss out on the opportunities to connect with newer audiences online.
Given that Google, which is currently the most popular search engine, receives over 57,000 searches per second, SEO is something that nobody can take for granted. It isn’t enough for large brands to rest on their offline reputation, as if they do not hold their rank, they could be toppled over by newer entrants to the market. Yes, SEO can be an equalizer of sorts.
And so, successful online brands look at SEO as an investment to maintain their online turf. Not only is it a great way to strengthen the brand association with the category, but it is a great avenue for cost-effective lead generation as well. Most of these brands and businesses also optimize for local SEO, to ensure that they are discoverable by those in close vicinity, as most people search for products and services on their handheld devices when they are on the go. Social SEO is yet another tactic that can contribute to overall visibility and rankings.
- Customer Behaviour Tracking & Data Analytics
Data mining and analytics has become a veritable buzzword today, and rightly so. Digital Marketing success today cannot be perceived without data analytics. The various analytics tools available today allow businesses to fairly predict customer behaviour and plan their campaigns accordingly. It is now easy to understand what drives prospective customers to you, what makes them stay or leave, how they feel about your brand and even whether your digital marketing efforts are working the way you had intended, among other things.
From Google Analytics for your website to independent social media analytics tools, there is a tool to measure almost anything on digital. And this makes it possible to observe and understand behaviours and patterns that we might have otherwise missed.
Successful brands have a habit of closely monitoring their data from their website as well as social media channels, mining actionable insights from it and swiftly responding as necessary, to always stay on top of their digital game. Correctly interpreting data requires a certain level of expertise, but when done correctly, it can empower businesses to make the best possible use of digital.
To sum up, well-executed Digital Marketing and SEO strategies can help your business reap rich dividends in the form of higher brand awareness and preference, and a positive impact on your bottom line. But there is one thing more important than the perfect digital marketing plan. Successful online brands go a step further and ensure that there is alignment and synergy between the online and offline interaction with their visitors. There is no point in offering a great virtual experience if you cannot back it up in the real world. And if you are aspiring for digital success, this is something you cannot ignore.
Digital Marketing Tips for Start-Ups
Digital marketing is a complicated process, but it doesn’t have to be. As a start-up, you can set up a successful digital marketing strategy if you are aware of what matters and what doesn’t. While it may be tempting to focus solely on the quality of your product, you’ll need to cast the net wider and get to grips with search engine optimization (SEO) as well as understanding your customers and what they need. If you are new to the world of digital marketing, the tips below can help.
Leverage Social Media
With much of the world on social media these days, as a start-up, you must leverage these platforms, too. Your online presence matters a great deal, especially if you want to be seen and heard amongst the rest of the virtual noise. Social media provides direct access to your customer base and allows you to gain a regular following. If you need guidance about setting up or managing your social media profiles, enlisting the help of a professional like ALT Agency can go a long way towards helping your brand stand out.
Pay Attention to the Customer Experience
When it comes to business, the customer is king. This means that your start-up and its operations must be designed around the customer experience, whether it’s through your website design, your communication channels, or your products and services. Get to know your customers by engaging with them and find out their wants and needs, as well as what works for them. By giving them attention and showing that you care, you stand a good chance of maintaining a loyal customer base and boosting your sales.
Create High-Quality Content
The value of high-quality content cannot be underestimated. With so much content on the web today, you’ll want yours to stand out and provide value for your customer. However, having excellent content isn’t just about the quality of writing, either. Good content will target the right audience for your business and provide information or services that are highly valuable to them. Ensure as much as possible that your content is fresh, innovative, and useful for your target market.
Engage Your Users via Email Marketing
One of the most powerful marketing tools at your disposal is the almighty email. If you want to reach your audience and provide targeted messages, then this is the best way to do it. Sending out regular newsletters, promotions, and offers are excellent ways to not only attract new customers but also to maintain them. Therefore, it’s important to create a lead generation strategy that includes sending specific emails to target groups.
Add a Blog
Blogs are highly beneficial to business websites because they communicate key messages about their products and services. Blogging is also a way for customers to get to know you better and to understand your perspectives. It also helps with SEO as you can rank higher for more keywords on search engines. If you have the means to set up a blog on your site, make sure that the content is valuable, regular, and consistent.
How To Streamline Your Startup
How To Have The Perfect Networking Event
The Best Gadgets We’ve Seen in 2021 – So Far!
Interview2 years ago
An Interview with Joel Arun Sursas, Head of Clinical Affairs at Biorithm, Singapore
More2 years ago
6 Promising Up and Coming Fashion Companies
More3 years ago
Factors to Consider When Planning Your Office Design and Layout
Interview1 year ago
An Interview with Russell Jack, Southland-based Yogapreneur and Mindfulness Teacher
Other Internet Tech3 years ago
How to become an IPTV reseller? A beginner’s guide
More3 years ago
IPTV business for beginners
Business Ideas4 years ago
50 Small Business ideas with low investment
More3 years ago
Advantages of Using Ride-hailing Services for Transportation