In simple terms, IPTV(Internet Protocol Television) is defined as the secure and reliable delivery to subscribers of entertainment video and related services over the internet. The popularity of IPTV based services has grown significantly and it is expected to rise in the future as well. More and more people are opting for TV experience on the go rather than the traditional mode of viewing. This has created a lot of competition in not just IPTV services as the core business but also around reselling them. IPTV reselling is still one of the hottest businesses in the US and around the world. In this article we will Learn how to become an IPTV reseller.
So, what is IPTV reselling?
The onset of Internet Protocol Television or IPTV provided an opportunity for entrepreneurs to become resellers, standing as intermediaries between IPTV service providers and end users. Thus IPTV reselling is nothing but the selling of IPTV services you have already purchased to your customers.
Advantages of reselling IPTV
The investment is pretty low.
The investment is reselling business is pretty low. In a way, you are selling as you are buying. All the hardwork is already done by the IPTV service providers so the cost of hiring technicians is substantially reduced.
Technical knowledge required to run reselling business is virtually nill.
Many people wonder whether IPTV reselling is a viable business idea because they are not tech savvy. Just by hearing some technical stuff, they ‘imagine’ that this business is not for them. However, the technical knowledge required for running a reselling an IPTV service is virtually nothing. All the technical assistance is given by the IPTV service provider. For example, you can know about reselling from MyWifi TV, which is a premium IPTV service provider in the US here.
- Existing IPTV infrastructure is used so there is no need to reinvent the wheel. In the IPTV reselling business, one has to just focus on marketing the service and the infrastructure is already set up for you. Isn’t it great?
- Scaling up your service is easier once you take off
For many business, scaling becomes a challenge once the business takes off. This happens when you are not fully equipped to add more client base. Luckily, in this business, scaling is not a big problem. This is handled by your service provider in most of the cases.Having gone through the advantages of reselling, the first and foremost thing that you should do before you get your Reseller account is to analyze the competition by aiming at a particular market segment. So if you are aiming at a country based market, do a in depth research and check out the competitors websites and what and how they offer IPTV. While researching, it is advisable, that you specifically focus on the following two things
- How do your competitors market their services
- How do they sell (Payment Solutions)
At the end of the day, it is all about selling your services.
Typically, there are two ways you can start reselling your IPTV services.
- Direct Contact – This simply means, you directly contact interested people directly on various forums, groups etc.
- Indirect contact via Websites, Social Networks – This means people contact you via social networks, websites etc.
Now once you have decided into IPTV reselling business, how do you pick the perfect IPTV service provider to kickstart reselling?
This is one of the most crucial aspects of IPTV reselling business. You want a high reliability so that you don’t have unhappy customers. Following points should be kept in mind while choosing your service provider.
- Whether the streams are reliable or not?
- In this cross cultural society, whether there is availability of different channels from multiple countries?
- How informative is the electronic program guide?
- Whether IPTV reseller is providing device compatibility or not?
Of all the IPTV service providers in the market, one would be tempted to try MyWifi TV’s reseller proogramme which starts at USD 650 for a 50 credits plan(2 devices) where one credit is equal to one month. Also it supports both Android and iOS. The updates are free in this plan.